Stub Hub Question | Syracusefan.com

Stub Hub Question

TBCuse11

Starter
So Duke tix are still running about $115 per seat to be anywhere on the good side of the bleachers (301-319), even if you sit in the very top row of the Dome. Wont this have to go down eventually? There are hundreds and hundreds of tickets available... will they just go unsold?

I want to get a pair, but more than 60 per seat is insane given where they are.

PS - yes, i know it is DUKE. but c'mon...

A lot of people put their tickets up on stubhub for a ridiculous price and if they go unsold they simply go to the game with those tickets.

99% of the time, tickets will come crashing down the night before and day of the event. The idiots that live out of state with no intention of going to the game that bought them only to sell at crazy prices start to get nervous and prices will come back to a reasonable price.

99% of the time, tickets will come crashing down the night before and day of the event. The idiots that live out of state with no intention of going to the game that bought them only to sell at crazy prices start to get nervous and prices will come back to a reasonable price.

that is what i am banking on. Im willing to spend 75 bucks for a ticket, but not behind the bleachers on the other end of the Dome. lol

that is what i am banking on. Im willing to spend 75 bucks for a ticket, but not behind the bleachers on the other end of the Dome. lol
gotta imagine you'll be able to get $75 by Friday.

there are some seats that you know are going to go down. there are seats in 310 in a block of 8 for almost $250 a piece. I doubt those are season tickets. at some point someone is sitting on $400 worth of tickets they are trying to sell for 2 grand. how long do they sit on that price.. no one wants to give up money but not every ticket on stub hub is someone is going if they dont resell them.

i am going to stand pat and wait for the price free-fall on Friday. I think 300 level tix in most sections will drop below 75

So Duke tix are still running about $115 per seat to be anywhere on the good side of the bleachers (301-319), even if you sit in the very top row of the Dome. Wont this have to go down eventually? There are hundreds and hundreds of tickets available... will they just go unsold?

I want to get a pair, but more than 60 per seat is insane given where they are.

PS - yes, i know it is DUKE. but c'mon...

I would find a scalper on Marshall Street about 10 minutes before tipoff when they're in desperation mode to unload everything they have - you should be able to get a good deal.

I would find a scalper on Marshall Street about 10 minutes before tipoff when they're in desperation mode to unload everything they have - you should be able to get a good deal.

that is plan B for sure...

You can get Sec. 301 Row P for $100 right now. Not terrible, but I'd assume those are $75 by Friday afternoon

You can get Sec. 301 Row P for $100 right now. Not terrible, but I'd assume those are $75 by Friday afternoon

yeah i wont pay that. I hate rewarding scalpers, but if the people on craigslist and stubhub want to post outrageous rates, then it is what it is. Some people are still trying to rob people blind by selling 300 level tix for 250 a pop. LOL

yeah i wont pay that. I hate rewarding scalpers, but if the people on craigslist and stubhub want to post outrageous rates, then it is what it is. Some people are still trying to rob people blind by selling 300 level tix for 250 a pop. LOL

wait it out. The true scalpers who have no intention of going to the game will keep dropping prices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI4fVgVVpiw

doesnt stubhub have an app? A coworker of mine told me what he does sometimes for pats and sox tickets is go to the stadium and wait to buy the tickets around 30 minutes prior since people will be dumping them. I know the dome takes e-tickets off your phone. never tried it but i have to assume its a possibilty. Theres plenty of instant download tickets on there now

Prices will drop tomorrow. The demand just is not a fraction of what the supply is.

Could be wrong, but now might be a good time to buy as opposed to tomorrow.
It appears the market bottomed out a few days ago and now prices are going back up.
There is a very limited selection now on Stubhub of seats on the "good" side of the bleachers.
There are however lots of seats in the low rows of 336 for not much over what you would have paid on ticketmaster, and that really is not a bad view for the game. I'd argue better than row X or whatever of something on the "good" side.

Last edited:
yeah i wont be using stubhub. going to be Craigslist or scalpers. will be able to get a cherry seat for under 100 if i wait til 530 tomorrow.