Student Seating--Can it get better? | Syracusefan.com

Student Seating--Can it get better?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I'd love some input from our students and newer grads.

I thought our student turnout was crappy for Louisville from early TV shots in the game...did I see that correctly?

Anyways how about we take the back 8 rows or so of the student sections on the sidelines and create a subgroup called (Young Graduates). Sell the tickets for $125 for a season pass and no preferred fees (but the person buying has to join the Orange Club for $25). Maybe allow them use the area for 5 years after graduation (Undergrad or Grad).

The excess students can get moved over to the end zone for the big games...also it might create a greater demand for the coveted sideline seats among the students.

hide the ticket prices in student fees and give them away for free.

hide the ticket prices in student fees and give them away for free.

I agree that might help get more students...but I'd also like to create some new fans among the young grads.

Bottomline: A student is either motivated to get up at 11am to make a Noon kickoff or not...most of our students are not.

You are correct in your assessment of the size of the student section on Saturday. It was maybe half-full. I like your idea of a Young Alumni student section. The problem is how many of those young alumni actually live in the Syracuse area (or within a reasonable distance)? I'm guessing the SU alumni office should have that readily available, but as someone who works in higher-ed fundraising & alumni relations, the data on young alums is iffy at best.

the long version... she smokes everyone.

Mark, it's a good idea. Georgetown does something similar for basketball games.

the long version... she smokes everyone.

As much as I love to watch her jump around -- and I do -- I really love watching the reactions of the volunteer personnel behind her. They try to look away, but they can't.