Student tickets | Syracusefan.com

Student tickets

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Looking at what's available for donors for single game purchase, it looks like SU took the best student section away from them. They used to go to the 30 yard line, now its the 10. Lost half of 102 and half of 103. Wow.

Looking at what's available for donors for single game purchase, it looks like SU took the best student section away from them. They used to go to the 30 yard line, now its the 10. Lost half of 102 and half of 103. Wow.
They apparently still don't get it.
14ptdb.jpg

Seriously though, that's just awful.

The students need to earn the section back. Their attendance has been dreadful and if they do show up, they're gone by halftime. I have no problem with it. Same with the preferred seats. If they are empty, sell at a reduced price. I pay for them, but I'd rather see them full.

That's a tough one to get passionate about. The school wants to sell more tickets to the public and make more money. Sounds like they want to save the good seats for the paying public. No different than basketball. That's why the students sit behind the basket and not on the sidelines. I'm not saying it's right or that I agree with it, but it's easy to justify why a private college wants to recoup some cash. Especially with a remodel on the horizon.

The students need to earn the section back. Their attendance has been dreadful and if they do show up, they're gone by halftime. I have no problem with it. Same with the preferred seats. If they are empty, sell at a reduced price. I pay for them, but I'd rather see them full.

The section they took away is pretty full every game. I sit right above them.

That's a tough one to get passionate about. The school wants to sell more tickets to the public and make more money. Sounds like they want to save the good seats for the paying public. No different than basketball. That's why the students sit behind the basket and not on the sidelines. I'm not saying it's right or that I agree with it, but it's easy to justify why a private college wants to recoup some cash. Especially with a remodel on the horizon.

And yet they aren't selling them as donation seats like they do for the exact same other sections. They are selling them for just the price of the seat. Must have been a last minute decision. Its just one more way to drive out the students. And they never blew up the whole donation strategy so they are banking on getting to a 10-2 program.

And yet they aren't selling them as donation seats like they do for the exact same other sections. They are selling them for just the price of the seat. Must have been a last minute decision. Its just one more way to drive out the students. And they never blew up the whole donation strategy so they are banking on getting to a 10-2 program.
Regular price adult tickets > student discounted ticket. That was their decision. Were they concerned that the displaced students not be happy sitting in a seat further away from the action? Obviously not overly concerned. Are they optimistic that maybe some day that the fans buying the seats in that section become a season ticket holder with a donation involved. I'm thinking they are. Bottom line is if the team goes 10-2, the dome will be full (or relatively full). If the team goes 6-6 or 5-7, it's not going to matter. Extra fans won't come and less students will attend. Winning solves everything when it comes to attendance.

Regular price adult tickets > student discounted ticket. That was their decision. Were they concerned that the displaced students not be happy sitting in a seat further away from the action? Obviously not overly concerned. Are they optimistic that maybe some day that the fans buying the seats in that section become a season ticket holder with a donation involved. I'm thinking they are. Bottom line is if the team goes 10-2, the dome will be full (or relatively full). If the team goes 6-6 or 5-7, it's not going to matter. Extra fans won't come and less students will attend. Winning solves everything when it comes to attendance.

I'm betting that due to the students wanting to move in basketball (too late) we'll see fewer students at football games now. Student involvement has to be part of the plan. Now we'll here non-student fans complain about their attendance even more. There was no need to move them. If we're hurting that much for one section of seats at $50 each, we shouldn't be doing these capital projects and risking money there.

The 2017 student football season tickets have been available for a while for current students. Could poor sales have prompted SU to reconfigure the seating?

The 2017 student football season tickets have been available for a while for current students. Could poor sales have prompted SU to reconfigure the seating?
We were labeled the no.1 party school recently.

Cheriehoop said:

Since its all GA I'd be surprised if a lot of students even think about it right now.

retro44 said:
How much did you save?

I honestly can't tell. Maybe nothing some they are in the preferred area? I can check later and do some math.

Pissed off students become unfaithful alumni. Private schools need to treat their students like future embassadors and donors to the school. Public schools, due to huge numbers, can treat students like an afterthought.

I'm thinking complaints about student no-shows or hammered students were the reason for the move. It would be about the $$$, if the public demand for the seats were great.

I have a solution. Get rid of the one drink minimum for students and treat the 21+ students like adults. Give bands to 21+, if underage drinking is a major concern.

It also, potentially, makes it easier for the administration to reverse the decision in subsequent years.

I'm not a fan of this move... would've preferred it if they kept things the same as they have been, at least until the renovation.

My son had student tickets for basketball and football the last two years and is unsure if he is going to get them this year. The basketball season screwed him. He had to pay extra for all the games that are during Christmas break. He missed out on like 6 or 7 games. He would have paid less for the rest of the games by getting single tickets. It is a shame that they treat the students this way. They should be able to go for free or just include it as a $99 athletic fee for free admission to all sports. I know this has been a topic of discussion at the Fan Council as well, but not sure the Fan Council is going to continue with a certain someone bolting for the Land of a thousand lakes.

My son had student tickets for basketball and football the last two years and is unsure if he is going to get them this year. The basketball season screwed him. He had to pay extra for all the games that are during Christmas break. He missed out on like 6 or 7 games. He would have paid less for the rest of the games by getting single tickets. It is a shame that they treat the students this way. They should be able to go for free or just include it as a $99 athletic fee for free admission to all sports. I know this has been a topic of discussion at the Fan Council as well, but not sure the Fan Council is going to continue with a certain someone bolting for the Land of a thousand lakes.
I know Coyle's plan was to discontinue charging students for SU athletic events, including SU football and basketball, and offset that lost revenue by bumping the cost of the student athletic fee up.

SU students could go to any SU athletic event by showing their SU ID.

To get the students to buy in, one would think SU would be extra nice to students, not the other way around.

Strange.

Since I sit up in the 300's on the same side as the students, I don't see what their attendance is like. If the students are filling the seats and have been consistently, leave it alone. If they haven't been, or as some are contending, show up for the first half only, I see no reason why SU couldn't downsize the available student seats and try to make more cash by releasing them to the general public. All of the student seats are GA? Perhaps if they had assigned seats, the university would have a better idea of how many students are coming out, and how many seats are actually used. I know at ND they do (or did). Each year, your seats get a little better (ie, seniors have better seats than freshman). How much are student season tix for football?

SUFaninNJ said:
How much are student season tix for football?

Football only $99
Basketball only $199
Both $219

So looking at the available inventory, this only affects the Florida State game, correct? because there are no seats in the traditional student section that are being offered to the general public for the other 5 games.

Taking a quick look at the Dome's website:
(Florida State is NOT included in the student package, as it is over Thanksgiving break. Student season ticket holders who would still like to attend the Florida State game will be provided details on how to request a FREE ticket later this summer.)

This was a fun thread though! :)

OrangeChris said:
So looking at the available inventory, this only affects the Florida State game, correct? because there are no seats in the traditional student section that are being offered to the general public for the other 5 games. Taking a quick look at the Dome's website: This was a fun thread though! :)

Ha, stupid me. Good find. I was only looking at FSU for a friend and didn't look at the other games. Just noticed that FSU isn't included in the student season package. What a wasted rant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom