Stupid Georgetown Followers... | Syracusefan.com

Stupid Georgetown Followers...

Well, at least someone is going to be able to say "I'm on a naval ship, its 4:30 and Georgetown still sucks"

the san diego location i understand, because the weather is insanely predictable. but the other two spots seem weird to me, too many what ifs.

the san diego location i understand, because the weather is insanely predictable. but the other two spots seem weird to me, too many what ifs.

You have to play where the carriers are.

The USS Yorktown is a floating museum in Charleston, SC (much like the USS Midway is a museum ship in San Diego).

Oddly enough, there currently aren't any carriers (museum or active) homeported in JAX. The Navy’s five Atlantic Fleet carriers are all based at Norfolk, VA.

"Syracuse will take on San Diego State on the flight deck of a retired ship, the USS Midway, off the coast of San Diego. "

As Orange Extreme stated the USS Midway is a floating museum in San Diego, anchored in the harbor, downtown. They make it sound like the Midway will put to sea which I highly doubt. I've actually been to both the Yorktown and the Midway in the last 2 years. Should be a pretty cool experience for the team but they better duck their heads while making the tours!