SU’s advantage is at QB and Rb | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU’s advantage is at QB and Rb

Low scoring game that our defense keeps us in. Very concerned with our offense ability to score tds since the second half of Purdue. It has not looked good with the exception of Vs Wagner, which doesn't mean much. Hopefully 2 weeks was useful in correcting the offense.

Very concerned with our offense ability to score tds since the second half of Purdue. It has not looked good with the exception of Vs Wagner, which doesn't mean much. Hopefully 2 weeks was useful in correcting the offense.
In other words, against UVA with the 4 turnovers. Because that's the only game since Purdue that wasn't Wagner.
I'm concerned as well about scoring TDs. We can't settle for FGs the way we did against UVA.

In other words, against UVA with the 4 turnovers. Because that's the only game since Purdue that wasn't Wagner.
I'm concerned as well about scoring TDs. We can't settle for FGs the way we did against UVA.
Their D is so good and their O is hobbled - making FGs might be the difference

You’re always going to have games you don’t score TD’s and kick more FG’s than you like. Just what it is over the course of the season. On the flip side, we still moved the ball and got in position to score. If we got stalled over and over at the 40 I’d be more concerned. I’ve also seen all the adjustments our OC staff has made each game, we’ve never had a staff able to make adjustments during games and between games as well as we have now. For the first time in maybe my SU lifetime I completely trust the staff to make the right adjustments. From there, the game will play out they way it will play out.

He will throw some and he can throw but he won’t be winning this game with his arm. He’s also 25 and very mature. Doeren will do everything possible to not put this game on him. He’ll be able to handle the crowd noise I think and I know it’ll be loud but he’s been around.

He and our WR, #7, DeVaughn Cooper (only college player to catch a pass in 7 seasons) can swap AARP cards.

The noise will be helpful in the beginning and at the end. But 2nd/3rd quarters, teams settle in.

And if NC State can turn this into a rock fight, it can take some of the wind out of the crowd's sails. They love offense. They'll bring it when they have to and will rally in the 4th quarter assuming it stays close.

He and our WR, #7, DeVaughn Cooper (only college player to catch a pass in 7 seasons) can swap AARP cards.

The noise will be helpful in the beginning and at the end. But 2nd/3rd quarters, teams settle in.

And if NC State can turn this into a rock fight, it can take some of the wind out of the crowd's sails. They love offense. They'll bring it when they have to and will rally in the 4th quarter assuming it stays close.
Wow, that is crazy! Caught a pass in 7 different seasons? lmao that is great.

Honestly, this is probably going to be a very ugly game. Maybe not necessarily sloppy but I can see a lot of 3 and outs on both sides with these defenses. Your offense is definitely better than ours and I think our defense is going to know they have to play really well and with their experience I suspect they will. I really think Doerens game plan is going to simply be to try and have ball control and try and make Shrader beat us with his arm. I don’t see any other way he can try and play this.

If we get behind early like we did bs FSU we will be in big trouble. Chambers can pass but he’s obviously not going to scare you guys with his arm plus or WRs aren’t going to be running wide open. The one advantage we have is Dino really doesn’t know exactly how we will attack with the rush. I’m sure you guys will pretty much see the entire playbook by halftime because I can’t imagine it being very extensive.

At the risk of being cliche, this game looks close with either team having a good chance if the ball bounces their way. I suspect a turnover or two is the difference. Don’t want to give NCSt and short field opportunities, and they won’t want to give us any big returns or pick 6s.

Yes. We committed 4 turnovers the last time we played a p5 team. Our offense vs Purdue in the second half didn't exist until we got some timely penalties and kept our game winning drive alive. And let's not forget we managed 1 TD drive against UVA. And it came after we returned the ball to their side of the field. I think our only TD drive was around 40-45 yards. The offense is concerning.

Last edited:
He will throw some and he can throw but he won’t be winning this game with his arm. He’s also 25 and very mature. Doeren will do everything possible to not put this game on him. He’ll be able to handle the crowd noise I think and I know it’ll be loud but he’s been around.
In the old dome which isn't as loud Teddy Bridgewater had to call 2 timeouts in the 1st Quarter on 3rd and long.
Your back up QB isn't better then Teddy.
Until you have been in the dome you don't have a real idea what to expect.

College football is funny. What you expect to happen, often doesn’t. Since everyone seems to think this is going to be a rock fight low scoring game, I wouldn’t be surprised to expect the opposite.

The Dome's loud is different than a place like Clemson. That's no knock against Clemson at all. Impressive as all get out there.

But it's not the same feeling.

We need to keep the penalties limited, especially the OL false starts. We need to win special teams.

I think we hold a tight lead and pull away late just a bit. I predicted 27-10, but think it's like 17-10 going into the fourth.

I think NCSU is good, which pains me to say. But I'll take TW against a one dimensional offense regardless of how proficient the OL is.

It needs Shrader and Tucker to make impact plays and be the best players on the field.

The OL needs to break even with their DL. State is not a pressure defense, they bring three, and drop 8 in coverage and rely on holding the LOS and letting the back 8 make tackles in run support. SU does a lot more in trying to generate negative plays.

NCSt had a distinct advantage on the outside on offense the last couple of years, they don’t this year.

The only way that NCSt can win is to steam roll running the ball or SU to gift them points on TO’s or specials.
This post aged like the best Stilton, or Cabernet.

The Dome's loud is different than a place like Clemson. That's no knock against Clemson at all. Impressive as all get out there.

But it's not the same feeling.

We need to keep the penalties limited, especially the OL false starts. We need to win special teams.

I think we hold a tight lead and pull away late just a bit. I predicted 27-10, but think it's like 17-10 going into the fourth.

I think NCSU is good, which pains me to say. But I'll take TW against a one dimensional offense regardless of how proficient the OL is.
Pretty damn accurate.

Pretty damn accurate.
Is it my imagination or was their LT collapsing back to the QB on a lot of passing plays? It didn’t look like a stable pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom