Men's Soccer - SU 0 (5) North Carolina 0 (3) (OT): Tues Nov 5, 4 PM [ACCT 1st Rd] | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer SU 0 (5) North Carolina 0 (3) (OT): Tues Nov 5, 4 PM [ACCT 1st Rd]

SU wins on PK's 5-3 !

They advance to face the Cavs on Sunday. LGO!!!
This should ice an NCAA bid for Syracuse. UNC was a top ten team preseason and considered to be a good bet to make the Final Four. They collapsed late in the season. Lots of seniors on that team.

SU has a very young team that is just going to get better.

That UNC stadium is the best facility for college soccer I have seen. It is where they play lacrosse too. We are so far behind them right now. I hope sometime soon we invest some of that ACC network money and make some upgrades.

1572998128524.jpeg

This should ice an NCAA bid for Syracuse. UNC was a top ten team preseason and considered to be a good bet to make the Final Four. They collapsed late in the season. Lots of seniors on that team.

SU has a very young team that is just going to get better.

That UNC stadium is the best facility for college soccer I have seen. It is where they play lacrosse too. We are so far behind them right now. I hope sometime soon we invest some of that ACC network money and make some upgrades.

View attachment 172496
So this counts as a draw and not a win??

Edit: not really a direct response to your post, but if it doesn’t count as a W are you as confident that it does indeed ice a bid?

I think that they are good, and know that McIntyre said they needed to do some work (coach speak?)... but not sure what the general consensus is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Counts as a win. I still feel SU needs to win one more to secure an NCAA bid.

Counts as a win. I still feel SU needs to win one more to secure an NCAA bid.
I don’t think it does count as an actual win. It goes in as a draw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think it does count as an actual win. It goes in as a draw.
Correct. SU has to play a loaded Virginia team now at Charlottesville as its reward. Hope they have done enough to secure a bid. It would have been really nice to hold on and get that win at the end of the regular season against BC...

Correct. SU has to play a loaded Virginia team now at Charlottesville as its reward. Hope they have done enough to secure a bid. It would have been really nice to hold on and get that win at the end of the regular season against BC...
BC was a live dog @ ND. Almost sprung the upset.

ACC soccer is insane. Best in the country.