Men's Soccer - SU 0, Wake Forest 1: Sat Sep 21, 7:30 PM (ACCNX) | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer SU 0, Wake Forest 1: Sat Sep 21, 7:30 PM (ACCNX)

Those who watched the game, is this Wake team as good as advertised? We play at their place on Saturday.

Those who watched the game, is this Wake team as good as advertised? We play at their place on Saturday.
Didn't see the game, but I'm guessing they're not ranked #1 for nothing. They got upset on the road (JMU), but that can happen to anyone, as you well know.

OTOH, you crushed ND in South Bend a week or two ago, and they were ranked Top 10, IIRC. You come in undefeated (assuming you get past Furman tomorrow night) and ranked. Huge opportunity for you.

You probably noted the lack of discussion of defensive setups and corner strategies. That's because I know next to nothing about soccer other than goals only count as 1 point, and there are very few points in each game. :)

Reactions: gbo
Wake has a lot a talent but they are fancy boys who do not like contact and like flopping when jostled a bit. Syracuse pressured them relentlessly and had the better of play most of the game but could not finish when they had their chances.

They are very skilled and have a lot of poise. Very hard to beat at their place. I would go after the right full, the kid with the blonde pony tail. He is especially fancy. If they have a weak link, it is there (he is pretty good but a little shaky compared to the rest of them).

Should be a good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom