Men's Soccer - SU 1, Colgate 0: Tues Sep 24, 7 PM | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer SU 1, Colgate 0: Tues Sep 24, 7 PM

Defensively, this team can hang with any team in the country— however, it doesn’t seem like they have any chemistry offensively this year. Which doesn’t make any sense to me because on paper this team should be a top 15 program, easily. In order to start winning some games, especially against tough ACC competition we are going to need people other than Ferrin and Raposo to step up and start taking some shots (Goldhar, Fulcar, Sinclair, Ricks, Singelmann, Archimede, etc.).

A win is a win, but I don’t know how McIntyre or anyone on the team could be happy with their performance tonight. If it weren’t for the defensive mistake by Colgate— which led to a wide open opportunity for Ferrin to score, the game would’ve went into overtime. And judging from the way they were playing tonight it didn’t look like they were going to score so it could’ve ended in another tie had they not scored in OT. Which is unacceptable against a mid major school like Colgate.

Also, if anyone else watched the game I hope I wasn’t the only one disgusted by that one commentator who decided he was going to talk all of that trash about Syracuse and clearly show bias towards Colgate. Screaming in the microphone at calls that went Syracuse’s way! The lack of unprofessionalism was unreal and I hope I never have to hear him commentating on a game ever again.

Also, if anyone else watched the game I hope I wasn’t the only one disgusted by that one commentator who decided he was going to talk all of that trash about Syracuse and clearly show bias towards Colgate. Screaming in the microphone at calls that went Syracuse’s way! The lack of unprofessionalism was unreal and I hope I never have to hear him commentating on a game ever again.

Patriot League Network broadcast.

Defensively, this team can hang with any team in the country— however, it doesn’t seem like they have any chemistry offensively this year. Which doesn’t make any sense to me because on paper this team should be a top 15 program, easily. In order to start winning some games, especially against tough ACC competition we are going to need people other than Ferrin and Raposo to step up and start taking some shots (Goldhar, Fulcar, Sinclair, Ricks, Singelmann, Archimede, etc.).

A win is a win, but I don’t know how McIntyre or anyone on the team could be happy with their performance tonight. If it weren’t for the defensive mistake by Colgate— which led to a wide open opportunity for Ferrin to score, the game would’ve went into overtime. And judging from the way they were playing tonight it didn’t look like they were going to score so it could’ve ended in another tie had they not scored in OT. Which is unacceptable against a mid major school like Colgate.

Colgate isn’t a bad team; outside a bad 3-0 loss to Albany they have played a decent schedule. Similar to Syracuse, it looks like they have a solid defense while they haven’t had a lot of offensive firepower.

Unfortunately I haven’t had much time to watch them this season. Planning on watching them @ Duke in Durham in a couple weeks. Just from reading the postgame write ups, I too am questioning where the goals will consistently come from. Seem to need more threats, but I can’t intelligently break this down haven’t seen so little.

With that said, it was a win on the road against a team that has shown they can play vs. some good squads. So I’ll take it.

Colgate isn’t a bad team; outside a bad 3-0 loss to Albany they have played a decent schedule. Similar to Syracuse, it looks like they have a solid defense while they haven’t had a lot of offensive firepower.

Unfortunately I haven’t had much time to watch them this season. Planning on watching them @ Duke in Durham in a couple weeks. Just from reading the postgame write ups, I too am questioning where the goals will consistently come from. Seem to need more threats, but I can’t intelligently break this down haven’t seen so little.

With that said, it was a win on the road against a team that has shown they can play vs. some good squads. So I’ll take it.

They did just enough to win so ill take it-- but still not happy with how they've been playing lately. If they continue playing like this we are not going to win ACC games or make the tournament. No one outside of Raposo or Ferrin are taking shots themselves; only looking to pass off the ball to someone else. Idk, it just seems like they have no fire, no desire to want to win. I'm not sure whats been going on with this team for the past 4 years but I look forward to hearing what you think when you see them play at Duke. Ever since 2015 we haven't been playing well, especially against ACC competition. The only games we tend to win or tie have been Wake Forest but the rest we lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom