SU 10 pt favorite | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU 10 pt favorite

Alford could be our best WR but he just doesn’t seem to get it

Hoping it clicks soon because he would be an absolute monster to defend

Virginia is bad and if we show up we win by 17+ with ease

Well, there are a lotta WR's, so naturally there are a lotta guys recruited to the position.

Also - it's not like we've whiffed completely in that regard.

AET & TJ - both very impactful transfers.

Ish & Custis both ended up with solid careers, capped by a really good final season.
Taj broke all of Shelby Hill's frosh WR records, in spite of not starting for the first several games that year.
Sean Riley had a GREAT 2018 for us.

And OGII appears to be the next in line.

I'd love for Alford to figure it out.
It took Custis several years before he got good, so there's still hope.

I really liked Hatcher's HS film - looked like a taller version of Taj, with great RAC ability.

Hatcher is going to get an opportunity, with Jones missing the rest of the year. I liked him a lot, too, and think that he has a lot of potential. IIRC, he had an impressive spring.

Next man up.

Showing up on a short week after an emotional big win last week is going to be tough

However, we get through this game and we essentially have two weeks off to rest up and get healthy for the big boys

Maybe. I understand that conventional wisdom.

But this team seems pretty focused. They also know that with bowl eligibility or bust as the theme this year, they can't afford to take any opponent for granted. I expect them to be ready at kickoff time instead of flat.

I also think that they are substantially better than UVa, and I expect that to be evident on Friday.

Showing up on a short week after an emotional big win last week is going to be tough

However, we get through this game and we essentially have two weeks off to rest up and get healthy for the big boys
Even more important than the rest, imo, is the fact that one of the best offensive coaching staffs in the country essentially gets three weeks to gameplan for the two best defenses on our schedule in NC State and Clemson.

Get it done tomorrow night and things are setting up perfectly to have a special season.

Don’t overlook those Seahawks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom