Women's Lacrosse - SU 11, North Carolina 18: Sun Apr 30, 1 PM [ACC Championship] | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 11, North Carolina 18: Sun Apr 30, 1 PM [ACC Championship]

I would have said this win or lose, but the women's game is virtually unwatchable. Stoppages all the time remove any flow whatsoever. Minimal contact is called a foul. A "dangerous move" called on any halfway decent shot. It's like we're back in Victorian times when women weren't allowed to participate in sports because their constitution couldn't take the exertion. :rolleyes:

Just awful. Something should be done, but I'm sure it won't be.

I would have said this win or lose, but the women's game is virtually unwatchable. Stoppages all the time remove any flow whatsoever. Minimal contact is called a foul. A "dangerous move" called on any halfway decent shot. It's like we're back in Victorian times when women weren't allowed to participate in sports because their constitution couldn't take the exertion. :rolleyes:

Feel the same way, however thankfully there is a shot clock now. In years past you could literally hold the ball for 20 mins. Because there was no checking you were out of options if you fell behind. Cuse lost to NW because of this. It was unwatchable. I often wonder how Gary can stand it.

Couldn't disagree more. You conveniently overlook the fact that they wear absolutely no protective equipment except for goggles. This creates situations that demand stoppages.

Their stick skills are much better than the men's because they have virtually no pocket. Love to see a guy execute the sidewinder that Hawryschuk & Levy use with a women's stick. Not happenin'.

Oh yes, they have a real shot clock, not the phony one used in the men's game.

Couldn't disagree more. You conveniently overlook the fact that they wear absolutely no protective equipment except for goggles. This creates situations that demand stoppages.

Their stick skills are much better than the men's because they have virtually no pocket. Love to see a guy execute the sidewinder that Hawryschuk & Levy use with a women's stick. Not happenin'.

Oh yes, they have a real shot clock, not the phony one used in the men's game.
I didn't conveniently overlook anything. It's part of the problem. Just because their stick skills are better (which I don't necessarily agree with), doesn't make the game any more watchable. Throw some padding on them and let them play. I'll watch almost any college sport, men or women. But if Syracuse wasn't involved, I wouldn't watch WLAX. :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom