Women's Lacrosse - SU 12 vs Fairfield 11: Fri May 13, 4 PM [NCAA 1st Round at Princeton] | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 12 vs Fairfield 11: Fri May 13, 4 PM [NCAA 1st Round at Princeton]

I know I said I was done with this season but I lied. I couldn't help myself. All I have to say is I really dont like how this team has being coached the past couple of games. They are extremely lucky they came away with a win today. What was the reason for the goalie switch...?

I know I said I was done with this season but I lied. I couldn't help myself. All I have to say is I really dont like how this team has being coached the past couple of games. They are extremely lucky they came away with a win today. What was the reason for the goalie switch...?

Wild guess.

K-Train felt confident with a 5 goal lead and wanted HVM to get one last time in cage before she graduates?

I'm glad she was confident. The rest of us were shitting bricks.

Wild guess.

K-Train felt confident with a 5 goal lead and wanted HVM to get one last time in cage before she graduates?

I'm glad she was confident. The rest of us were shitting bricks.
yeah I'm right there with ya lol. That decision almost cost them game!

It just feels like this team has regressed as the season has gone on. With the losses on offense, it was to be expected to take a little step back-- but a couple of underclassmen have shown that they can score. So, it's all just a little weird to me that the offense has looked completely off kilter, depleted and stale over the last couple of games. With the weapons we have on offense, one would think we would be able to muster up more than 12 goals against Fairfield. Need to wait on that box score to be released... How many shots did Hawryschuk take vs how many actually went in? Lost count of how many times a shot clanked off the post, just straight up missed or the shot was saved. This is her final season, is there any urgency??? If they want to go far in this tournament she's got to be better from here on out. Carney with a big ol' goose egg? Can say the same for her too.

I sound like a broken record at this point but in Treanor's introduction presser she said that she wanted to play 'disciplined' lacrosse, and I have yet to see that this year. They still make the same boneheaded decisions as they did when Gait was the HC. Really thought this team would be further along during this time of the year and playing with some urgency.

Even if they were to somehow squeak by a hungry Princeton team who is playing for their HC on their home field for the last time-- I feel like they will lose badly to ND (assuming they beat NW) which I think they will with the way they are playing rn. How ND is playing, and how they've improved massively over their last few games should be the way 'Cuse is playing rn, but here we are.

It just feels like this team has regressed as the season has gone on. With the losses on offense, it was to be expected to take a little step back-- but a couple of underclassmen have shown that they can score. So, it's all just a little weird to me that the offense has looked completely off kilter, depleted and stale over the last couple of games. With the weapons we have on offense, one would think we would be able to muster up more than 12 goals against Fairfield. Need to wait on that box score to be released... How many shots did Hawryschuk take vs how many actually went in? Lost count of how many times a shot clanked off the post, just straight up missed or the shot was saved. This is her final season, is there any urgency??? If they want to go far in this tournament she's got to be better from here on out. Carney with a big ol' goose egg? Can say the same for her too.

I sound like a broken record at this point but in Treanor's introduction presser she said that she wanted to play 'disciplined' lacrosse, and I have yet to see that this year. They still make the same boneheaded decisions as they did when Gait was the HC. Really thought this team would be further along during this time of the year and playing with some urgency.

Even if they were to somehow squeak by a hungry Princeton team who is playing for their HC on their home field for the last time-- I feel like they will lose badly to ND (assuming they beat NW) which I think they will with the way they are playing rn. How ND is playing, and how they've improved massively over their last few games should be the way 'Cuse is playing rn, but here we are.
Injury to Emma T has really hurt this team. She contributed so many intangibles, on top of her offensive play. This team needs to really improve down the stretch, and their room for error is low.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom