Women's Lacrosse - SU 12 vs Stanford 9: Fri Feb 11, 6 PM | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 12 vs Stanford 9: Fri Feb 11, 6 PM

12-8 / 5:12 4th

GOAL by STAN Kelly, Ailish, Assist by Humphrey, Ashley

Replay:

Last edited:
273890699_347371990727936_1394927030138288717_n.jpg

Congrats to Kayla on her first of many wins as HC against a tough/scrappy Stanford team!!! Although it wasn’t how I envisioned the game going, ‘Cuse did what they had to do to pull out the win in the end.

Was hoping this team would pick up where they left off offensively, considering the majority of the offense has played together before. Hoping that Kayla can put the pieces together offensively before we head into Stony Brook, ND, NW, Duke, etc.— but not a strong showing from the offense whatsoever. Offense looked stale the entire game, and if it weren't for the Tyrrell sisters, this game would have had a different ending. There is still plenty of time to work the kinks out but pretty much, we need A LOT more production from everyone other than House of Tyrrell.

Still waiting for Markey to have a breakout game. Swart did well clearing the ball as usual, but had multitude of bad shots and was MIA from stat sheet. Cockerille had one of the most incredible goals I've seen scored on the women's side in awhile but then disappears—she needs to be more consistent. S. Sweitzer starting on that first line is a little questionable on Treanor’s part. Only one game in, but wasn’t impressed. Not sure where or if she adds any value to the offense at all.

The entire time I’m thinking WHERE is my new favourite player Shira Parower and WHY is she not playing? Only to find out at the end of the game she wasn’t even dressed to play. What’s the deal?

With the loss of Ward, and two major players coming back from injuries I was almost positive that was the perfect opportunity for her to slide into Ward’s spot. She should be the straw that stirs the drink on offense and that scenario needs to happen before Stony Brook comes to town. Would also like to see Adamson get more run, and more opportunities created for her.

That defense— it was my biggest question mark coming into this season and boy oh boy are we in for a long season if thats how we are going to play against top competition. The defense is obviously still a work in progress, and kudos to them for tightening it up in the second half, but Defliese really needs to get that unit working together because it was a mess! BC and UNC veteran laden offense would absolutely rip that defense to shreds, period. Goodale was a bright spot in transition, but the loss of Ella Simkins, Kerry Defliese, Ally Trice, and Grace Fahey was certainly felt yesterday.

Not sure why Chevarie did not play yesterday either, but I think the coaching staff needs to consider moving her to the defensive end full time IMO. Especially if the defense has trouble putting the pieces together going forward.

In the battle of the goalie’s, Hower obviously had the stronger outing with 5 saves and only 3 GA. Whether that was due to the defense being all out of sorts in that first half and then tightening things up in the second is still TBD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom