Women's Lacrosse - SU 14 at North Carolina 12: Sat Apr 15, 12 PM | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 14 at North Carolina 12: Sat Apr 15, 12 PM

I agree with you. The draws were a little better in the second, but we were getting beat on the 50/50s. Hope we clean those up.
Losing KM for the season has been a big lose. Adamson is getting better. Kind of disappointing that they did not an experienced backup face off. Heard announcer say Adamson had not taken draws since high school. I feel it’s good that there last games are on grass before the acc tournament. I think the ground ball is different on grass versus the dome.

Losing KM for the season has been a big lose. Adamson is getting better. Kind of disappointing that they did not an experienced backup face off. Heard announcer say Adamson had not taken draws since high school. I feel it’s good that there last games are on grass before the acc tournament. I think the ground ball is different on grass versus the dome.
Very good point about GBs on grass. Historically Carolina is one of the fastest teams in college lax. #10 was first to the ball more times than not. Losing a player like Markey hurts. Hard to nit pick a coaching staff that is undefeated, but it would be great to have other players get reps at the draw here and there.

Is Markey out for the year?...It would be really nice if no one else gets injured this year- the girl's program seems to have been cursed with really bad luck going all the way back to Tumolo's injury in her senior season and they probably would have won a championship if Hawryschuk had not had her knee injury in 2021.

Is Markey out for the year?...It would be really nice if no one else gets injured this year- the girl's program seems to have been cursed with really bad luck going all the way back to Tumolo's injury in her senior season and they probably would have won a championship if Hawryschuk had not had her knee injury in 2021.
I am not sure if she out for the year. Apologies if it came across that way. She is a dynamic player so it will be great if we see her back on the field this week.

According to a poster on fanlax it’s an acl

Really sucks because she is soooo fun to watch race down the field on a fast break

Really sucks because she is soooo fun to watch race down the field on a fast break
Of course it is an ACL. What else would it be?...Batter my heart, three-person'd God!

I hope you're right. However, I fear this may be a one-of-a-kind team. It includes a bunch of people coming back from injury and excelling, a bunch of ladies staying for a COVID year and providing tremendous leadership, a bunch of ladies (I'm looking at you, Olivia Adamson) who have stepped up to fill in for injured players, and, finally, a goalie who has emerged--seemingly out of nowhere--to be the best in the nation. I love the spirit, talent, and creativity of this team but I can't help feeling that the real difference between Syracuse and teams like North Carolina and Northwestern is best explained by one player: Delaney Sweitzer. This is no way intended to diminish what the offensive players--the Emmas and Meghans and Natalie, and Maddy and others--have accomplished. They have taken the women's game to a whole new level.
It really can’t be stated enough how great Sweitzer is. The jump she’s made is incredible. I can’t remember an SU men’s or women’s goalie making such a drastic improvement. I mean she couldn’t stop anything last year, and now she’s a brick wall. The defense in front of her is good but I wouldn’t say great(especially without Chevarie). She is awesome on free position shots and she usually steals a couple goals on the doorstep each game. The team wouldn’t have won the unc game without her and a couple of others might not have gone our way either. If a Cuse player wins the Tewaaraton, it should be Delaney imo

Of course it is an ACL. What else would it be?...Batter my heart, three-person'd God!

Sadly a lot of those last few years. Most in the Dome. I wonder if they’re going to change the turf like the giants / jets did at meadowlands.

Sadly a lot of those last few years. Most in the Dome. I wonder if they’re going to change the turf like the giants / jets did at meadowlands.
Or move most of the games outside. Seems like the team suffers a lot of acl injuries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom