Women's Lacrosse - SU 15 at Virginia 14: Sat Mar 23, 12 PM | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 15 at Virginia 14: Sat Mar 23, 12 PM

You guys (or girls?) are right on the money. Defensively, SU will need to be able to play multiple fronts in may in order to take on the top teams. It seems like they played a lot of man yesterday in second half when they subbed Clark in. I’m 99% sure they were exclusively man in fourth quarter. Defense was very good in fourth, allowing only one goal in transition off opening draw of 4th Q.

While they have played a ton of straight zone this year, I have like the adjustments of putting Benoit on the best player in many games. Sometimes it looks like a zone behind that and other it looks like man.

You guys (or girls?) are right on the money. Defensively, SU will need to be able to play multiple fronts in may in order to take on the top teams. It seems like they played a lot of man yesterday in second half when they subbed Clark in. I’m 99% sure they were exclusively man in fourth quarter. Defense was very good in fourth, allowing only one goal in transition off opening draw of 4th Q.

While they have played a ton of straight zone this year, I have like the adjustments of putting Benoit on the best player in many games. Sometimes it looks like a zone behind that and other it looks like man.
Yup. They had Benoit face guarding Schwab while playing zone for most of the first 3 quarters. They had multiple communication and rotation problems in it that lead to wide open UVA players. It drove me nuts and I was frustrated that Kayla was sticking to it. But I give the Cavs credit, they look a lot better than last year.

Then with about a minute left in the third they subbed out Simpkins and put in Clark. They went to mtm and Superia took over face guarding Schwab. I thought it worked great. I hope they continue to switch it up if they need to.

Btw is it bothering anyone else that these girls still don’t have an orange jersey? I mean I have completely stayed out of the uniform complaint threads on the football and basketball boards over the years, but it really bugs me seeing UVA and Clemson have an orange option but not our girls. What the hell is the point of being called “The Orange” then?

Btw is it bothering anyone else that these girls still don’t have an orange jersey? I mean I have completely stayed out of the uniform complaint threads on the football and basketball boards over the years, but it really bugs me seeing UVA and Clemson have an orange option but not our girls. What the hell is the point of being called “The Orange” then?
If I recall correctly, the story I heard was that gary didn't like all Orange jerseys (womens rules, you have to wear matching top and bottom). Not sure why SU hasnt added the third jersey, so many opponents have they option and im sure the girls would love it. Kids these days love the multiple uniform stuff. Hopefully, if SU gets a third option it will be orange, not platinum...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom