Women's Lacrosse - SU 16 vs Stony Brook 11: Wed Mar 22, 8 PM | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 16 vs Stony Brook 11: Wed Mar 22, 8 PM

The SU vs Maryland games makes me ill, Maryland played stall ball and I'm not sure Gary Gait was ever able to figure out how to defend against it.
There was no way to defend it the way Maryland played it because they were so talented. They are the reason the shot clock was created - in both the men's and women's game.

I don't know if anyone remembers but Kayla was pretty damn good at the draw when she played and that was not her position but she stepped up when she had to.
She was very dominate! Not living in the past, but I wish she had more looks there prior to her senior year. - I remember the Maryland stall ball game. It was actually disgusting to watch. I also remember the MD head coach's husband's outburst on Twitter when she was catching flak.

LGO!!

There was no way to defend it the way Maryland played it because they were so talented. They are the reason the shot clock was created - in both the men's and women's game.

Maryland played "keep away" for the 2nd half. Every time we tried to create a turnover, we got whistled.

And MD didn't make any mistakes.

We have Three true Freshman starting on Defense now, Deblasio(Chevaries replacement), Superia Clark, and Coco Vandiver. All three played phenomenal yesterday. I gotta admit I was worried when Bianca C went down, but Deblasio came in and looked really good... Next year we just reload, as Kaci Benoit 5* comes in and Chevarie maybe using her Covid extra year!

Just lost our best Defender... This turf is terrible
Agree, thought she was the best defender. Love how aggressive she is with ground balls and just in general. Now 3 freshmen on defense. Deblasio looked decent in the time she had. We’ll just have to wait and see.

I think that’s 4 season ending knee injuries. With the way things have happened the last few seasons it’s almost like you can look at the roster and ask whose turn is it next?:(

We know that Chevarie and Mashewske were on the dome’s turf, not sure about the other two.

I know that there is at least one small area of the turf that looks like it was torn and then patched up. It’s opposite of the SU bench at the 10 yard line marker towards the far sideline. Noticed it on a few of the men’s and women’s broadcasts. It is darker than the rest of the turf, so initially I thought it was just an area where a player had dragged their foot and flipped the blades over, but I kept noticing in every game I watched. On Tuesday I arrived early at the men’s game so I decided to go down to the first row and take a look. It’s definitely patched in some sort of fashion. I couldn’t tell what they did without being right above it. I’m not sure if there’s other areas like that but seriously the turf needs to be addressed in the off-season

Last edited:
Women's lax is 1000% improved since instituting the shot clock
That and also the way they handle fouls. They used to blow the whistle and stop the game for every foul. They would reposition players constantly. There was no flow to the game at all. Now they allow the girls to play through the whistle as long as there’s no change in possession as a result of the foul.

These two rule changes have completely changed the watchability of the game

79AA468A-7852-432F-97FF-7A7A74E75B9B.jpeg

Agree, thought she was the best defender. Love how aggressive she is with ground balls and just in general. Now 3 freshmen on defense. Deblasio looked decent in the time she had. We’ll just have to wait and see.

I think that’s 4 season ending knee injuries. With the way things have happened the last few seasons it’s almost like you can look at the roster and ask whose turn is it next?:(

We know that Chevarie and Mashewske were on the dome’s turf, not sure about the other two.

I know that there is at least one small area of the turf that looks like it was torn and then patched up. It’s opposite of the SU bench at the 10 yard line marker towards the far sideline. Noticed it on a few of the men’s and women’s broadcasts. It is darker than the rest of the turf, so initially I thought it was just an area where a player had dragged their foot and flipped the blades over, but I kept noticing in every game I watched. On Tuesday I arrived early at the men’s game so I decided to go down to the first row and take a look. It’s definitely patched in some sort of fashion. I couldn’t tell what they did without being right above it. I’m not sure if there’s other areas like that but seriously the turf needs to be addressed in the off-season
Another ACL too. Same exact spot as one of the other ones this year. It can't be a coincidence anymore. Injuries are the only thing that can stop this team from winning a title and unfortunately, we're headed into a danger zone. It's a real shame -- they have the makeup to win it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom