Women's Lacrosse - SU 16 vs Stonybrook 6: Sat Feb 27, 10 AM | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 16 vs Stonybrook 6: Sat Feb 27, 10 AM

LET’S GOOOOO! Now that’s what I’m talking abouttttt! Talk about a statement win! Couldn’t be any happier with that performance. And all without Emily Hawryschuk? First off, I would like to say that I really hope Emily’s heals extremely fast, and this injury isn’t season ending. That would be devastating. We all know what happened the last time that happened with our star player Michelle Tumolo when she tore her ACL towards the end of her senior season. Who knows if we ever would have won in that championship game against Maryland. No idea how this injury happened; if she was going too hard or it was just an accident on her part—but all of the players need to be more careful in practice. We cannot have any more players go down for the rest of the season. I hope Emily is back in that starting lineup soon.

With Emily being out for the foreseeable future, everyone’s role in that starting lineup just became that much more important.They are going to have to step up big time. There are no two ways about it. It was good to see Emma Ward finally get the first points of her Orange career. She is going to have to change up the way she is shooting though because in both games thus far, the goalie is seeing her shot all the way through. She is going to have to throw some fakes/place the ball better/shoot harder to be able to score against these top teams. However, I did like her feeding the ball from X. Perhaps, Gait can explore that a little more going forward.

Who should be named the MVP of this game? For me it’s between Kate Mashewske or Asa Goldstock. Without all of those draw control wins by Mashewske, the game could have went a completely different way. But the same thing can be said the other way with Goldstock and her saves. I’m going to be honest… I didn’t think Asa had it in her to play as well as she did today. But as Desko would say, “my hat goes off” to her for proving me wrong. I think I will name Asa the MVP of this game— for not only proving me wrong, but making some pretty important stops. Going forward though, I think it’s pretty clear that Mashewske is our #1 at draw, and shouldn’t be switched out unless she is not winning them or its clean up time.

Great team win today ladies! Next up, Duke!
Unknown.jpeg

I know female athletes are more prone to ACL injuries so let’s hope it’s not that.

I’m very impressed with the defense so far. They stifled the SB offense who scored 17 goals on them last year. What’s been the team’s Achilles heel ever since Gait took over has been their strength in their two games so far against high powered offenses. Keep it up ladies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom