Men's Soccer - SU 2, New Hampshire 2 (2OT): Sun Sept 8, 7 PM (ACCN) | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer SU 2, New Hampshire 2 (2OT): Sun Sept 8, 7 PM (ACCN)

UNH is not a bad team... but blowing a 2-0 lead and the equalizer in the 86’, while at home, isn’t what you want.

They played well in the first half… the starting unit in today’s game was without a doubt the strongest starting lineup we’ve seen all year. Loved Singelmann playing Left D— he saved a couple of goals from going in in that first half, and played solid throughout the entire game. I was impressed with how poised he was with the ball for a freshman.

The issue, at least for me, is that they don’t know how to play a full 90 minutes of soccer. They did awesome in the first half, then in that second half they came out very passive and didn’t want to pressure the ball at all. The same issue happened in the last game against Yale. They came out very passive, lots of ball watching and let Yale dictate how they wanted to play. If they want to get into post season play they need to do a better job at winning these non conference matches and not just being happy coming out with a draw.. especially when its a home game and they could have easily won both matches this weekend if only they played harder. Play a full 90 mins and then you don’t have to exhaust yourselves by taking the match into 2OT’s.

Also, McIntyre’s subbing decisions are very questionable to me. Goldhar, Raposo, and Ferrin are like a package deal. They compliment each other very well and need to be in the game together if we are going to start winning some games this year.

Not sure why Ricks didn’t play today. Hopefully everything is okay with him and Fulcar and their injuries are nothing too serious. After Fulcar went out, his absence truly showed.

They played well in the first half… the starting unit in today’s game was without a doubt the strongest starting lineup we’ve seen all year. Loved Singelmann playing Left D— he saved a couple of goals from going in in that first half, and played solid throughout the entire game. I was impressed with how poised he was with the ball for a freshman.

The issue, at least for me, is that they don’t know how to play a full 90 minutes of soccer. They did awesome in the first half, then in that second half they came out very passive and didn’t want to pressure the ball at all. The same issue happened in the last game against Yale. They came out very passive, lots of ball watching and let Yale dictate how they wanted to play. If they want to get into post season play they need to do a better job at winning these non conference matches and not just being happy coming out with a draw.. especially when its a home game and they could have easily won both matches this weekend if only they played harder. Play a full 90 mins and then you don’t have to exhaust yourselves by taking the match into 2OT’s.

Also, McIntyre’s subbing decisions are very questionable to me. Goldhar, Raposo, and Ferrin are like a package deal. They compliment each other very well and need to be in the game together if we are going to start winning some games this year.

Not sure why Ricks didn’t play today. Hopefully everything is okay with him and Fulcar and their injuries are nothing too serious. After Fulcar went out, his absence truly showed.

Well done on the write up.

Appreciate it.

No problem. I challenge more people who watch the mens soccer team to become more active on this forum!!!! :p

Looking forward to @Duke and @UNC. I coach high school down here and love any chance I get to watch the college level.

No problem. I challenge more people who watch the mens soccer team to become more active on this forum!!!! :p
I don’t know any names yet but I had a blast at the game and will definitely be checking out more of them this year. The game changed when #6 got hurt. He and #2 were excellent breaking up play in midfield both physically and with positioning. Once their tandem was broken the team lost its shape and gave up those goals. I had a blast at the game and I’d urge anyone (especially with kids) to check out a game.

I don’t know any names yet but I had a blast at the game and will definitely be checking out more of them this year. The game changed when #6 got hurt. He and #2 were excellent breaking up play in midfield both physically and with positioning. Once their tandem was broken the team lost its shape and gave up those goals. I had a blast at the game and I’d urge anyone (especially with kids) to check out a game.
I fully agree with you on #6 (Julio Fulcar) and #2 (Amferny Sinclair). Fulcar does A LOT in the midfield with disrupting play and getting the ball into our guys’ feet. As soon as he went out, that was when I noticed a major shift in the team slacking on pressuring the ball and thats when UNH started dominating play and scoring goals.

I also think if anyone who lives in the area should go to some games and support our team. Judging from going to quite a few games myself and from what I’ve seen on tv with other ACC schools, we are one of the worst teams when it comes to attendance to games. Other ACC schools their fans come out in waves and people are screaming, cheering, chanting every moment they can. Dont know if I can say the same with our fans. Maybe McIntyre should tell the guys to start hyping up the crowd or something? I dont know… but I definitely know that in order for them to be successful they need a good showing of fans to support them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom