SU 2 point dogs against UConn | Syracusefan.com

SU 2 point dogs against UConn

Sounds about right.. Uconn is another bad match up for is, very stout front 7, will be a very difficult game to get a win, in addition we don't defend pro sets well either

I think SU comes out and wins this week. Well, they better. I don't bet on SU, but I like them here.

Sounds about right.. Uconn is another bad match up for is, very stout front 7, will be a very difficult game to get a win, in addition we don't defend pro sets well either

Yeah plus UConn has Johnny McEntee, Trick Shot QB!!!

What will we do?

Interesting. Not a lot of respect for the kings of NYC.

The Bulls better beware, I heard that Rutgirls fans think they are going to beat us out for the Golden Snowball award this year. :)

Uconn is our best shot at becoming bowl eligible.

Uconn is our best shot at becoming bowl eligible.

Why do you say that, it's on the road and their defense is very good, their D line is probably as good as LVille. It's a horrible match up for Syracuse. USF is a much better match up, Pitt at this point as well

Why do you say that, it's on the road and their defense is very good, their D line is probably as good as LVille. It's a horrible match up for Syracuse. USF is a much better match up, Pitt at this point as well
FYI, the UConn defense has given up over 400 yards 3 of its last 4 games. The thing that is killing them, and has killed them all year, is the short passing attack. Their linebackers are really struggling in pass coverage, as are their safeties.

This is a good matchup for us. Though if they play press coverage, we will probably struggle again. Tulane for instance, only played man coverage this season against us. It was the ultimate insult for our WR corp (along with our OL and QB).

If we can't beat this UConn defense with a short passing attack, we can't beat any defense the rest of the season.

Uconn does NOT have a good defense this year. They aren't in the same stratosphere as Louisville. This isn't Uconn 2010.

FYI, the UConn defense has given up over 400 yards 3 of its last 4 games. The thing that is killing them, and has killed them all year, is the short passing attack. Their linebackers are really struggling in pass coverage, as are their safeties.

This is a good matchup for us. Though if they play press coverage, we will probably struggle again. Tulane for instance, only played man coverage this season against us. It was the ultimate insult for our WR corp (along with our OL and QB).

If we can't beat this UConn defense with a short passing attack, we can't beat any defense the rest of the season.

URI played press covergae and almost beat us.. UCONN will do the same and their D Line will get pressure on us... That is the equalizer. I don't see Syracuse having much success versus UCONN's defense. In addition, they have a power running game that will beat us up.. On the road as well, not seeing it. I like our chances at home much better. They gave up 400 but how many times has Syracuse done that?

UCONN will be ready. The question is, why wouldn't you press cover syracuse, the bigger problem is a qb that can't complete a deeper ball, it's not just the 40 yad throw, it's the 20-25 yard throw as well that is killing him

1. Don Brown is going to play a Jim Johnson style, blitz on every play. It's killed them most of the time. But they have a very aggressive mentality.

2. UConn has been hurt by injuries in the secondary, but it seems like guys are coming back.

3. The problem is the LB. The LB were the best players on the team last year, and they lost Wilson & Lutrus. They can at least get guys in the secondary back and stop playing some folks who haven't done well, but the underneath stuff that's killing them is exasperated by the wide open spaces QB's find 5-10 yards downfield right in the middle. Hello, Tony Sunseri.

1. Don Brown is going to play a Jim Johnson style, blitz on every play. It's killed them most of the time. But they have a very aggressive mentality.

2. UConn has been hurt by injuries in the secondary, but it seems like guys are coming back.

3. The problem is the LB. The LB were the best players on the team last year, and they lost Wilson & Lutrus. They can at least get guys in the secondary back and stop playing some folks who haven't done well, but the underneath stuff that's killing them is exasperated by the wide open spaces QB's find 5-10 yards downfield right in the middle. Hello, Tony Sunseri.
the gameplan for defeating SU is out there - if PP doesn't take advantage of it, then that's on him

Yeah plus UConn has Johnny McEntee, Trick Shot QB!!!

What will we do?
I know that guy is terrible, right?

our guy is so much better against FBS teams - 11 more yards per game and 2 more pass attempts!

I know that guy is terrible, right?

our guy is so much better against FBS teams - 11 more yards per game and 2 more pass attempts!

Funny isn't it. We are underdogs.. geeze

Weather conditions look perfect...our WCO ought to be humming then?

Just me: but why aren't we running a spread? I know, I know...wrong thread :p

Weather conditions look perfect...our WCO ought to be humming then?

Just me: but why aren't we running a spread? I know, I know...wrong thread :p

I am not looking forward to this game at all... A loss and the wheels completely fall off, completely.. Hopefully P spends more time in the tanning booth this week, getting the leathery SO Florida foundation that he yearns for

If you think our WRs were open this past weekend, wait until the UConn game. If we don't hit them again, then yes, UConn's D is going to have a good day against us.

Yeah. I'm with IB on this one. We are a home game squad this year. Complete opposite of last year. Our best chance for a win are USF, cincy, uconn, and Pitt in that order.

..not to belie the conversation..but we need this win to be confident for rest of season...otherwise we are going to regress in the win column...damn

which is exactly the one thing our QB is clueless at.

So was Pitt's before that game. I think he had even been benched the game before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom