Women's Lacrosse - SU 21 vs Northwestern 13: Fri May 28, 2:30 PM [NCAAT Final Four] | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 21 vs Northwestern 13: Fri May 28, 2:30 PM [NCAAT Final Four]

Northwestern rocking the Gait equip. BC rocking the Gait equip. It's weird to me that former lacrosse alums have two high profile equipment companies, and the top helmet manufacturer is local, yet SU still uses STX. A combination of Nike, Gait, Powell, and Cascade would cover the teams just fine.

Northwestern rocking the Gait equip. BC rocking the Gait equip. It's weird to me that former lacrosse alums have two high profile equipment companies, and the top helmet manufacturer is local, yet SU still uses STX. A combination of Nike, Gait, Powell, and Cascade would cover the teams just fine.

SU uses STX for one reason, they get paid to.

SU uses STX for one reason, they get paid to.

I agree. What do you think that contract's worth?

I would think promoting the Gaits and Powells would be a solid loss-leader for the University, and it certainly wouldnt cost them anything (other than the lost STX revenue, a small amount of which would be set off by Cascade I would think).

Had to work so got done watching the replay a bit ago. Thrilled with the performance today. Northwestern is a great program. They haven't been quite as good in recent seasons, but you don't win that many national championships without being a really good program. And we took it to them! I thought we had been playing well enough to have a chance but I didn't expect this impressive performance.

Let's take down BC Sunday and win our first trophy!

I'll admit, I am not a big women's sports guy, and women's lacrosse can be a fragmented, muddled mess to watch. But, this Team is super likable and a real joy. They play incredibly hard, run all game, share the ball, show fire when appropriate, show focus when appropriate, have a bench that's "in it" without being obnoxious. etc. They've also truly exemplified the "next man up" mantra, which could not be easy to do twice.

With my boys and sports (who aren't the athletes these women are for sure), the rules are: "Try your best; be brave; listen to coach; have fun." This Team certainly does that. Must be why I like them so much.

Last edited:
what a great game, coaches and ladies!
F52A9FFC-4C11-43B5-9188-DAA6A192C797.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors