Men's Soccer - SU 3 at Duke 5: Fri Sept 29, 7 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer SU 3 at Duke 5: Fri Sept 29, 7 PM

Last edited:
Brutal day for Jason Smith. He really got an education on what it is like to play against a good opponent last night.

We had possession more than Duke. Had more shots, more corners. They only beat us with the score and with all the fouls that they did.

Olu Oyegunle got a red card in the second half that really hurt.

Sjoberg is not a factor again.

Leveque didn‘t play. Assume he is hurt.. D’Agostini replaced him. Big loss for us.

Jeorgio continues to be the best player on his team. 3 assists. Master of the corner kick.

Back in the day, I played for literally one of the worst hs programs in NYSPHSAA history. I can't imagine our goalies ever doing some of the things Smith did and staying in the game very long. Love the aggression in general, but he really needs to control it better and work on his awareness. The wall jumping over the ball for that one goal was classic J-E and almost made me nostalgic for our old fall festival tournaments in Jordan. The final score just enhanced the feeling.

Odd to say that Cuse lost 5-3 and I thought they actually looked like the more dangerous team. Need to fix those issues in the back if they are going to advance in the tourney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom