Men's Soccer - SU 3, Rhode Island 2: Thurs Nov 21, 7 PM [NCAA 1st Rd] | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer SU 3, Rhode Island 2: Thurs Nov 21, 7 PM [NCAA 1st Rd]

Anyone else’s ACC feed revert back to the opening kickoff??

Edit: signed out and back in, and I’m back live

“The best thing Syracuse can do right now is make a 2-1 lead, a 3-1 lead.”

Wow. Never thought about it like that.

Such heavy-hitting insight by the broadcast team.
Well, they weren’t wrong. :mad:

But they still claim the second Syracuse goal was offside... and they are still incorrect.

Raposo taking the forearm to the lower back send him to the floor in front of the goal... probably a good “no call,” but I wanted the PK. There was definitely contact that threw him off his run.

I was worried about Archimede picking up a second yellow given his style of play and fouls. He goes 100% for better or worse. Thought he was becoming a liability and could throw “us” down to 10 men. And yet, he ends up on the receiving end of the game-deciding foul.

Unreal.

Survive and advance.

Syracuse advances... as does Pitt and BC. Louisville in the drivers seat, State knotted at 2 in extra time with Coastal Carolina, and ND down 1 very late to Wright State.

Busy day for ACC soccer.

Who was it that said Olympic sports at SU are in free fall? Show them tnis

Who was it that said Olympic sports at SU are in free fall? Show them tnis
To be fair-- the ice hockey team did make the NCAA tournament for the first time last year, but took a big step backwards this year by going 2-11 thus far.

The volleyball team went 2-11 before they started to turn their season around and are now at 10-13. They are a young team, and missed some key players in the beginning of the year-- but I like where this team is heading. They are going to be really good in the future if Yelin continues bringing in talent from overseas.

Women's soccer went 3-11-2 on the season but this was only Nicky Adams first season with the team. Desperately hoping she can turn this program around.

The only reason the Men's soccer team made it into the tournament this year was because of their RPI ranking. Had they not had an RPI ranking of 30 they wouldn't have made it in because they had no good wins other than beating UNC twice-- and UNC wasn't very good this year. I don't remember when the poster said that the Olympic sports were in a free fall but I think at the time our win-loss-tie record wasn't very good either.

The field hockey team had an up and down year. Good wins against #2 Duke on the road, #3 UCONN on the road, #5 Louisville on the road, but then followed that up with a loss to Louisville in the ACC tourney and then lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney to Princeton badly. They are also a very young team. Ange Bradley needs to bring in some more offensive talent and most importantly sort that defense out and they should be pretty good in the near future. Would love Ange to win us some more National Championships.

So the overarching theme of the olympic sports is that they are mostly young teams that should eventually be good in the near future. But I don't think the poster was in the wrong saying that because our sports weren't performing very well at the time.

To be fair-- the ice hockey team did make the NCAA tournament for the first time last year, but took a big step backwards this year by going 2-11 thus far.

The volleyball team went 2-11 before they started to turn their season around and are now at 10-13. They are a young team, and missed some key players in the beginning of the year-- but I like where this team is heading. They are going to be really good in the future if Yelin continues bringing in talent from overseas.

Women's soccer went 3-11-2 on the season but this was only Nicky Adams first season with the team. Desperately hoping she can turn this program around.

The only reason the Men's soccer team made it into the tournament this year was because of their RPI ranking. Had they not had an RPI ranking of 30 they wouldn't have made it in because they had no good wins other than beating UNC twice-- and UNC wasn't very good this year. I don't remember when the poster said that the Olympic sports were in a free fall but I think at the time our win-loss-tie record wasn't very good either.

The field hockey team had an up and down year. Good wins against #2 Duke on the road, #3 UCONN on the road, #5 Louisville on the road, but then followed that up with a loss to Louisville in the ACC tourney and then lose in the first round of the NCAA Tourney to Princeton badly. They are also a very young team. Ange Bradley needs to bring in some more offensive talent and most importantly sort that defense out and they should be pretty good in the near future. Would love Ange to win us some more National Championships.

So the overarching theme of the olympic sports is that they are mostly young teams that should eventually be good in the near future. But I don't think the poster was in the wrong saying that because our sports weren't performing very well at the time.
To be even fairer, what you described is not even close to free fall. :)

so is the offside rule that if the D attempts to play the ball and then it goes to an offsides player its ok? so in theory the D has to try to play a ball since he doesnt know if offsides is going to be called but if he plays it poorly he is screwed.

I am confused because i thought the offside is called at the moment the pass is made which in this case was well before the contact by the D?

I see now this rule was changed around 2016 so its more like the delayed offside in hockey and they are told now to not to make the call in these types of situations..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom