SU 45 vs Duke 58: Thurs Feb 22, 7 PM | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU 45 vs Duke 58: Thurs Feb 22, 7 PM

This Duke team beat VT. And we missed no joke 20 pts worth of lay ups. Also our bigs only scoring 4pts in between 4 players is terrible.
Just an off bad night. It happens. Just win out and go deep in the ACC tournament

As much as I love FLJ and the job she's done, I don't understand her reluctance to take timeouts in the first half. Yes it's good to have them late, but it doesn't make much difference if the game is over by then. Would it have made any difference tonight? I'm not sure. But I would have liked to have seen if something could have gotten us going a bit in the first half.

There was a lid on the bottom of the basket. I say the bottom because some shots were in and then spun out.

As much as I love FLJ and the job she's done, I don't understand her reluctance to take timeouts in the first half. Yes it's good to have them late, but it doesn't make much difference if the game is over by then. Would it have made any difference tonight? I'm not sure. But I would have liked to have seen if something could have gotten us going a bit in the first half.
Something I have wondered throughout the season. But this season it was working out.
Sometimes it is not your night.

Just an off bad night. It happens. Just win out and go deep in the ACC tournament
For sure. Probably an uphill climb now to host the first two rounds of the tournament.

But if I told you at the beginning of the year this is where we’d be (fighting to host the first two rounds), we’d ALL sign up for this.

You never want to lose. But a loss like this late in the year isn’t all bad and can really motivate/wake a team up. “We either win or we learn.” -FLJ

Ah, Syracuse.com has the loss posted already on their site. I have a wild hair up my backside after watching that game so I'm being petty but for pete's sake, it takes them hours after a win to post an update on their site. They suck.

okay, I feel a bit better.

1​
Caitlin ClarkIowa
Active​
126​
3,569​
2​
Kelsey PlumWashington
2017​
139​
3,527​
3​
Kelsey MitchellOhio State
2018​
139​
3,402​
4​
Jackie StilesMissouri State
2001​
129​
3,393​
5​
Brittney GrinerBaylor
2013​
148​
3,283​
6​
Dyaisha FairBuffalo/Syracuse
Active​
148​
3,279​

good news is that hopefully its not possible for SU teams to shoot that bad the next game, More hope for the Men on Sat,

I just read FLJ's comments after the game, makes me wonder if there was some other beef going on between the players. I noticed a couple of times last night when Latham got the inbound she would not pass it to Rice, who happened to be standing right near her. I thought it was odd because Rice will usually bring the ball up the court. It was odd enough for me to notice. Whatever it is I'm sure it will get worked out before Sunday.

I thought Dyaisha was hunting her shot from the very start, probably trying to pass Griner for #5 last night, and maybe it messed with their mojo in Q1 since nobody could hit a shot early. She will get the record next game and all that will be behind them.

I just read FLJ's comments after the game, makes me wonder if there was some other beef going on between the players. I noticed a couple of times last night when Latham got the inbound she would not pass it to Rice, who happened to be standing right near her. I thought it was odd because Rice will usually bring the ball up the court. It was odd enough for me to notice. Whatever it is I'm sure it will get worked out before Sunday.

Latham also was caught rolling her eyes more than once

The team seemed very disjointed last night

Woolley seemed like she was sick and/or her knee was bothering her

Just a really bad night overall

Doesn't help when Latham's dad is indirectly posting his displeasure on X.

What do those think who have observed the team closely? I wonder if Perkins and Latham have some legitimate complaints about being under-utilized this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom