SU 54 at Louisville 67: Thurs Jan 21, 9 PM [ESPN2] | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU 54 at Louisville 67: Thurs Jan 21, 9 PM [ESPN2]

Emily Engster has one of the strangest foul shooting routines I’ve ever seen. She takes her stance but then right before she shoots she moves her right foot next to her left foot and then shoots. Unusual movement that I’d think would shift or effect the balance of her foul shot too.

Hopefully come tourney time Tiana will be back at full speed. She still is laboring at times where the old Tiana would be at the rim already. It's incredible she is even out there to begin with no matter what. At full speed I think the ladies are even vs this Cards team on a neutral court.

Game was there to win. Lack of adjustments, poor discipline on D at times and not hitting open 3s.

Last edited:
1611287987339.png

"You've got to make shots."

(From three: SU 2/13, UL 12/27)

Brutal shooting night. Very disappointing.
An OT comment...the officiating in women’s college hoops is the absolute worst of any sport at any level. The three tonight contributed to that.

Hailey Van Lith can flat out shoot the rock.

Last edited:
Lewis should never play 40 minutes, she had 0 assists, even Cardosa had 1. Would like to see Emily replace Lewis in the starting lineup, Williams is a much better shooter would stretch the defense. Plus would give the zone more length out front.
Emily can be your secondary ballhandler. The way the current team is they have no chance of getting to the Final Four. Lewis is not a good shooter, and that isn't going to change.

Lewis should never play 40 minutes, she had 0 assists, even Cardosa had 1. Would like to see Emily replace Lewis in the starting lineup, Williams is a much better shooter would stretch the defense. Plus would give the zone more length out front.
Emily can be your secondary ballhandler. The way the current team is they have no chance of getting to the Final Four. Lewis is not a good shooter, and that isn't going to change.
Wait...are you suggesting replacing Lewis in the backcourt with Engstler?? Are you kidding me? I know these boards are for opinions but Good Lord!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom