Active​
141​
3,101​
10​
Rachel BanhamMinnesota
2016​
144​
3,093​

Weird - our Australian Georgia Woolley and their Georgia Amoore is also Australian. I think that Amoore is more impressive than their more heralded 6’6” Kitley.
That surprised me. If you would have told me we'd hold Kitley to 6 points, I'd have felt really good about our chances.

Once again losing right after beating ND.. need to start playing more consistent when facing these ranked teams. This team has the talent to be top 10 worthy, but they are their own worst enemy...

FLJ and the VT coach were jawing with each other during the 4th qtr. I couldn't see her face but he looked like he was gloating and I guess he has the right to. I wouldn't mind if he took the next train into the abyss though. I hope they can pull off the win at Louisville, that would be epic.

Every single person would’ve signed up for a 17-3 start. The excitement around this program hasn’t been like this in years. None of the three loses are “bad” losses. Maryland looks like the worst of the three but it was early on, at their place, and they still are a traditional power. T-1st ACC. An all American candidate, freshman stud, etc.

The team is flawed, no doubt. Too reliant on Fair for one, especially in crunch time. And, some of these Ws were massive comebacks. We can’t keep digging ourselves in these big holes, especially in this league.

But, this season has been a smashing success so far. Really cannot be argued otherwise.

You're allowed to show up after the wins also, just FYI. Yes I'm familiar with your post history, particularly on the Olympic sports boards.
1) I don't live my entire life on this board.
2) I show love too when they win games via likes. However, i'll be the first to admit that I do get frustrated when we don't win games-- especially ones that I feel like this team has the talent to beat.
3) If you don't like what I post, you can always put me on ignore :)

Just when they had a chance to move into the top 15. Not a good loss.
Bad loss & were only in it for about 10 minutes out of 40. At least it was against a great team.

Fair took some Mintz like shots tonight. Not good.

Dominated inside by their bigs.

No answer for Amoore.

Never really got a good shot off all game. Everything was a struggle.

Questionable no calls from the officials..

But, what can you do? On to the next.

It’s difficult to win when you’re playing both a good team and the refs!

I was at the game and it was certainly a disappointing loss. I haven’t read this entire thread but I am wondering if anyone knows why Fair was so hesitant to shoot?

In the meantime, I thought I would share something I thought was pretty funny. In both the men’s and women’s game they have a video segment where they ask players their coach’s favorite food, or favorite game, etc. So today they ask the players what is on Coach’s bucket list, and the first player responds, “To win a National Championship!” Second player: “To win a National Championship!” To a woman, that’s what they respond. Then they cut to Felisha. “Coach, what one thing is on your bucket list?” She responds, “To travel the world!”

:p:p:p

Bad loss & were only in it for about 10 minutes out of 40. At least it was against a great team.

Fair took some Mintz like shots tonight. Not good.

Dominated inside by their bigs.

No answer for Amoore.

Never really got a good shot off all game. Everything was a struggle.

Questionable no calls from the officials..

But, what can you do? On to the next.
This was just a loss, not a "Bad Loss" as you stated,Virginia Tech. was rated above us. Your critique of Fair, is a little off base IMO. Fair is the offensive catalyst for this team, if anything that she can be criticized for, is that she is a little too unselfish and needs to be more aggressive in hunting her own shot. In my opinion, this game was a loss due to our inability to stop Amoore and the poor offensive start in the first quarter. This team has started poorly in almost all of their games this year, and it eventually catches up with you. they will learn from this. As an aside, VA Tech played two 6-5 girls together at times, We need to get a little bigger to compete against the top teams. How does a 6-5 girl from Buffalo, get away from the Cuse and go to Virginia Tech????

This was just a loss, not a "Bad Loss" as you stated,Virginia Tech. was rated above us. Your critique of Fair, is a little off base IMO. Fair is the offensive catalyst for this team, if anything that she can be criticized for, is that she is a little too unselfish and needs to be more aggressive in hunting her own shot. In my opinion, this game was a loss due to our inability to stop Amoore and the poor offensive start in the first quarter. This team has started poorly in almost all of their games this year, and it eventually catches up with you. they will learn from this. As an aside, VA Tech played two 6-5 girls together at times, We need to get a little bigger to compete against the top teams. How does a 6-5 girl from Buffalo, get away from the Cuse and go to Virginia Tech????
Agree that Fairs unselfishness didn't help SU today.

Send the tape into the commissioner of the VaTech guard purposely blasting Woolley with her backside and the ref STARING at it and calling nothing. I lost it worse than Felicia did. That guy should never be allowed in a gymnasium of any kind ever again.

Send the tape into the commissioner of the VaTech guard purposely blasting Woolley with her backside and the ref STARING at it and calling nothing. I lost it worse than Felicia did. That guy should never be allowed in a gymnasium of any kind ever again.
He's reffed many games and if nothing else, he is consistently terrible

That was bad. I personally have done the stop move when being harassed by a player trying to poke constantly at me and the ball from behind while bringing the ball up court but you stop so she runs into you but you don’t and can’t stop, back up and stick your butt out to create the contact.

Regarding Dyasia, I think she wanted to take good shots which were harder to come by. (she still took 15 shots),. Tech played good defense and held us over 16 points below our 78.4 scoring average. They were guarding her closely and our advantage seemed to be in the paint where we outscored VT 28-24 despite our missing at least 4 or 5 point blank layups underneath. We defended the perimeter poorly (they shot 41.4% from 3) while shooting very poorly ourselves from the perimeter (22.7%). Only Dyashia (3 for 8 -37.5%) and Georgia (2 for 7 - 28.6%) even made a 3 in this game.

It appears that Clara Strack from Hamburg was under recruited for a top 100 player showing VT as the only power conference offer besides Binghamton, Marist, Buffalo, Niagara, St Joe’s(Pa) and Albany as her other offers. I imagine Marilena from Greece and Izabel, a Michigan grad transfer, must have been prioritized

That was bad. I personally have done the stop move when being harassed by a player trying to poke constantly at me and the ball from behind while bringing the ball up court but you stop so she runs into you but you don’t and can’t stop, back up and stick your butt out to create the contact.

Regarding Dyasia, I think she wanted to take good shots which were harder to come by. (she still took 15 shots),. Tech played good defense and held us over 16 points below our 78.4 scoring average. They were guarding her closely and our advantage seemed to be in the paint where we outscored VT 28-24 despite our missing at least 4 or 5 point blank layups underneath. We defended the perimeter poorly (they shot 41.4% from 3) while shooting very poorly ourselves from the perimeter (22.7%). Only Dyashia (3 for 8 -37.5%) and Georgia (2 for 7 - 28.6%) even made a 3 in this game.

It appears that Clara Strack from Hamburg was under recruited for a top 100 player showing VT as the only power conference offer besides Binghamton, Marist, Buffalo, Niagara, St Joe’s(Pa) and Albany as her other offers. I imagine Marilena from Greece and Izabel, a Michigan grad transfer, must have been prioritized
That play seemed an egregious & intentional attempt to make contact. Not even a basketball play. How is it not a foul? Seems no different than a charge. Also a player safety issue. Does Wooley not have a right to space too?

Last edited:
Way too many times our players are getting hard fouls with no calls by the refs. We were fortunate to have no serious injuries!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom