SU 69 at UNLV 55 [Duel in the Desert]: Fri Dec 22, 5:30 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU 69 at UNLV 55 [Duel in the Desert]: Fri Dec 22, 5:30 PM

So for the important stuff. This UNLV player had the most gorgeous hair. Also she was beautiful. She never broke into a sweat and her makeup stayed perfect the entire game. Something we all discussed and agreed upon during the game.

Had a great time in Vegas. Came home all sad, but my SU women's basketball holiday card arrived while I was away, so it helped me to fondly remember the great weekend.

Lots of SU fans on Day 2. Maybe 60ish?

Funny story. Kim Keenan was taking an Uber back to her hotel on Thursday night after dinner with friends. Turns out her Uber driver had recently moved from Syracuse to Vegas, and had no idea the SU women were playing. Kim told him about the Friday game, and this Uber driver showed up with his wife and 5 kids. Girls (maybe around 5-7 years old) had SU cheerleader outfits. They were great fans, and so excited to be at the game and to meet other Syracuse people that lived in Vegas. Also excited to meet Floyd.

Tiana's parents came in from Australia. They went back to Syracuse today, and they are taking Tiana to NYC until Monday evening when the players have to be back on campus. Then they are travelling to the Notre Dame game before heading back to Australia. I think her dad told me they have 6 kids. They were really nice, and also great at cheering on the girls.
Raven Fox's mom came in from Maryland.
Nikki Oppenheimer's grandparents came in from Los Angeles. They both walk with canes, and are so cute and grandparently (made up word, but so describes them). They are also Stephen Thompson's in-laws as he is Nikki's Uncle. We discussed how they now are all alone in LA, Stephen and his 2 sons are all at Oregon St. Nikki and her family are in Chicago. I felt a bit bad for the grandparents.

As you know the team came out strong with an 18-0 run. UNLV did not chip away at that until late in the 2nd Q. The game was never in doubt, but the 4Q was definitely sloppy, for both sides, but a bit more for us. I think the girls were a bit tired with the time change, and after such a physical game the day before. This group of refs were much lighter on the whistles, and most of us thought if they had been the refs against Miss St. that we would have had a real chance to win that game. Those same refs were at the first game on Friday, and also it was very contentious with the fans and the coaches with the calls they were making. Just a tough crew to play a game with. But Miss. St. did a better job of it than we did.

Floyd and DeBorah are so sweet. They gave me a ride back to my hotel. Unfortunately that meant that I got to watch more of the men's game when I got back. Oh well. Still excited about both teams records going into conference (or almost going into it for the men who have 1 more out of conference) play. Not what was expected pre-season from either team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom