SU 7% chance to get to playoffs | Syracusefan.com

SU 7% chance to get to playoffs

upperdeck

Living Legend
according to the news tonight. seemed high to me but i will take it

I mean, that sounds great, but there's just no way that's mathematically possible. It's less than 1%.

Maybe I'm wrong. Here is the forecast if we win out.

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 6.53.28 PM.png

this is funky..

if you pick us and Wash/clem/ala/lsu/kent winning out we go to 12%..

I like that ND only has a 16%, despite the #3. I'd like to think thats because of us.

Just noticed % chance to win out. 12% (Even 'Bama is only 51%)

This is insane.
I can easily see every one of those teams above losing a game we need to move up to 4.

Even some of teams, like Alabama, Clemson, Michigan, Notre Dame and Oklahoma, ahead of us lose a game, we won't be able to move ahead of them.

I just remember when people were saying it would be an achievement to get to 6 wins. Now here we are going into game 10 with a 7% chance to make the CFP
The 7% chance is conditional on winning out. Still, incredible for Syracuse to even be on this graphic with those other teams in 2018.

if Ok loses to OK state they fall pretty far, then beating WV moves them back up. I am rooting for OK state to win out.

The 7% chance is conditional on winning out. Still, incredible for Syracuse to even be on this graphic with those other teams in 2018.

I can't think of a football reason why we wouldn't be most deserving 2 loss team.

Of course it is all dependent on beating 2 ranked teams on the road the last 2 weeks.

Why are we 7% and BC is 0?

It must assume we win out, Clemson wins reg season but loses in the ACC championship game to Pitt? And a bunch of other teams poop the bed?

Crazy. I’ll take it. But crazy.

It must assume we win out, Clemson wins reg season but loses in the ACC championship game to Pitt? And a bunch of other teams poop the bed?

Yes, it assumes we win out, giving ND and BC losses on the way, knocking them down.

There is a column on the right side that you can click to have that team win out. We have to win out to have that 7% chance.

Interestingly if BC wins out they have a 49% chance at making the playoff.

Even some of teams, like Alabama, Clemson, Michigan, Notre Dame and Oklahoma, ahead of us lose a game, we won't be able to move ahead of them.
Notre Dame if we beat them will likely go below us.
Michigan could lose to Ohio State and in the Big Ten title game.
Ohio State could lose to Michigan State.
Oklahoma plays Oklahoma State, West Virginia and in the Big XII title game.
Alabama isn’t losing to anyone but Georgia.
Clemson I guess could lose 3 games but it won’t happen.
We have a small chance I get 538’s logic here.

BC is 0% because they could beat Clemson and lose to Syracuse and would fall below Syracuse without being able to play for the ACC title.
If BC wins out they have a good argument in a chaos scenario.

Mich could lose to OSU and win the B10 if OSU loses to MSU. probably still get in over us with that..

now if ILL could pull an upset that would be great.

Ok and Ga losing today and we are back up to 14%

its interesting that us beating ND only knocks them down to 29%

col winning added to that puts up to 21%.

Bad day for this. UGA going down will help if Auby can win. I think they might be the only school that would get in with 2 losses ahead of us if the second is to Bama. LSU isn't getting in over us if we beat ND and BC.

MSU and Okie St should have won basically gave Ohio St and OU those games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom