Women's Lacrosse - SU 7 vs Boston College 10: Fri May 24, 5:30 PM [NCAA Semis] | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 7 vs Boston College 10: Fri May 24, 5:30 PM [NCAA Semis]

Replay:

Last edited:
I remember last spring I was told that when we missed on Clark that I was over reacting to it being a HUGE miss... " we have players that are better than her" well... she has 5Gs and sent us home...

If you want to win championships you need an alpha, we don't have that... We have a lot of great players but we don't have an Alpha, and until we find one we will have this same result.

Better offensive sets would also help aswell.

Keep on going to the F4 and we will reach the top of mountain. We do it once and it will be repeated many times. It's not always the result, it's the journey. Great journey in 2024. Our place as a top, elite program is cemented.

Deja fvckin vu.

Too sloppy. Too many horrible turnovers. Especially off the draw.

Refs were awful. Definitely on BC’s side. Missed at least two more cards on them. What the fvck was that substitution card after the offsides? Kayla should have went apoplectic. And that three seconds call, my god.

BC is faster and more relentless. And they are the overall better team. They seemingly get every 50/50 ball. And everything bounces their way.

How many pipes were there?

Kayla needs to accept some blame for this. Enough with the we didn’t play our game excuse. It’s inexcusable that they’ve lost 6 straight to BC under her watch. I don’t care if BC is better, they are not that far apart. I’m not even remotely ready to say that she’s not the answer though. She’s young, but she needs to take a look in the mirror and figure things out.

They gotta hit the portal. The 2023 and 2024 classes, although highly skilled and athletic, are shockingly short. I’m not sure there’s any girl over 5’8”. You need at least a few Maddy Baxter and Sierra Cockerille types.

Last edited:
Great job making it back to Championship weekend.

String together a bunch of Final Fours and the breakthrough is inevitable.
Keep on going to the F4 and we will reach the top of mountain. We do it once and it will be repeated many times. It's not always the result, it's the journey. Great journey in 2024. Our place as a top, elite program is cemented.

BC's been to 6 straight title games, now 7. The only time they won was against us. Is there another Syracuse out there?

SU's offense sucks against top level teams. Princeton scored 16 goals against BC, 9 in the first half, while we scored 7 the whole game. And you can't tell me that Princeton has better players than SU. A major rethink is in order. It won't matter so much next season as it is going to be a rebuilding year.

Last edited:
Where was Princeton in the final four? Syracuse put up numbers against every team including BC. Last night was a goalie battle neither team came anywhere near their season averages.take the emotion out of it and look at it for what it is.

Princeton also gave up 21 goals to BC.

They were down 13-9 at half, and with the exception of a 2 minute stretch in the 3rd where Princeton scored 3 in a row, they never threatened BC.

At least we held BC to only 3 goals a quarter, and would have shut them out in the 4th if it wasn't for an empty netter they scored with :30 left.

At least we held BC to only 3 goals a quarter, and would have shut them out in the 4th if it wasn't for an empty netter they scored with :30 left.
That has nothing to do with our anemic offense.

Payton Rowley didn't play again last night.

She must have really been hurt.

They were down 13-9 at half, and with the exception of a 2 minute stretch in the 3rd where Princeton scored 3 in a row, they never threatened BC.

BC was also trying to run the clock

Shea Dolce Sydney Scales and a bunch of pipes is all that was wrong with the offense
Oversimplification. SU generally being slower than the BC defenders, getting close but staring where they were shooting leading to easy saves, weaving forever but unable to turn the corner, etc..

The 2nd & 3rd quarters were brutal.
a 17-8 shot difference in the 2nd & 3rd quarters, -6 shots on goal, +5 turnovers, -7 GBs, all while being +5 in draws.

BC adjusted better than SU, & likely had a better mindset throughout.

When we regained some momentum late, it seems the ladies found a way to take advantage of BCs overaggressive D w simple face dodges & changes of direction, but just as soon as it was successful, we went away from it.

Frustrating, bc this was a loaded SU team.

SU's offense sucks against top level teams. Princeton scored 16 goals against BC, 9 in the first half, while we scored 7 the whole game. And you can't tell me that Princeton has better players than SU. A major rethink is in order. It won't matter so much next season as it is going to be a rebuilding year.
Princeton has a player that will be suiting up for the Orange next year. Also, BC's defense is has held NW' offense to 5 goals in 2.5 quarters. They cause fits for most teams.

Princeton has a player that will be suiting up for the Orange next year. Also, BC's defense is has held NW' offense to 5 goals in 2.5 quarters. They cause fits for most teams.
Who?!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom