SU 79 at Notre Dame 65: Thurs Jan 25, 7 PM | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

SU 79 at Notre Dame 65: Thurs Jan 25, 7 PM

Love that sweep chant in the hard hat video, but will certainly be bulletin board fodder for ND next season.

Congratulations to Coach FLJ and the team on another great effort.

I believe that was the first time in program history that we have beaten ND on the road in women's hoops.

How this team is not rated in the top 10 is beyond me. Wake up world.

Give these ladies their due!

I believe that was the first time in program history that we have beaten ND on the road in women's hoops.

Yes, this team is really good. I have watched all the games so far and this feels like a magical run...but they are not top 10, not yet anyway.

That was in fact the first they have ever won AT Notre Dame

As well as the first time they have ever swept a season series against Notre Dame

History making night

Love that sweep chant in the hard hat video, but will certainly be bulletin board fodder for ND next season.
An up and coming team cannot be worried about that stuff.

Great win; we love you ladies!
IMG_7913.gif

Still no word on Varejo? I find it very very odd she isnt back yet.
I thought I saw her in the line post game when the teams were exchanging post game congrats. Might have been the big Greek girl instead. It was not shown long (and they cut away just before the ND coach and Coach Jack met, which was a horrible decision by the director).

Whoever it was was tall. 6'4 or so. Hard to tell in the short time she was shown but she stood out from the others on Syracuse, including the other backups, because she was not dressed the same. The backups were wearing their orange sweats. I believe the tall woman had a grey outfit on. Don't think it was even a sweatsuit.

I got the impression she is not very close to being ready to play soon.

Just my impression though. Hope I am wrong.

I thought I saw her in the line post game when the teams were exchanging post game congrats. Might have been the big Greek girl instead. It was not shown long (and they cut away just before the ND coach and Coach Jack met, which was a horrible decision by the director).

Whoever it was was tall. 6'4 or so. Hard to tell in the short time she was shown but she stood out from the others on Syracuse, including the other backups, because she was not dressed the same. The backups were wearing their orange sweats. I believe the tall woman had a grey outfit on. Don't think it was even a sweatsuit.

I got the impression she is not very close to being ready to play soon.

Just my impression though. Hope I am wrong.
I am pretty sure I saw her on the bench in an outfit like you describe, but not 100 percent positive. It would be great to have her against Kitley and Va Tech on Sunday but unfortunately not much we can do if she's not recovered.

I am pretty sure I saw her on the bench in an outfit like you describe, but not 100 percent positive. It would be great to have her against Kitley and Va Tech on Sunday but unfortunately not much we can do if she's not recovered.
Varejao was not at the game and has not been to any of the away games. She played in 9 games but has missed the last 11 games. We have 10 more games left before ACC championship. If she doesn't play Sunday, I would anticipate that she is medically redshirted.

Varejao was not at the game and has not been to any of the away games. She played in 9 games but has missed the last 11 games. We have 10 more games left before ACC championship. If she doesn't play Sunday, I would anticipate that she is medically redshirted.
Thanks for confirming. I expected we might be getting to the point where a medical redshirt was probably in heavy consideration.

She already redshirted at Michigan last season, so it doesn't matter if she gets back on the court this year or not.

2019-20 32 games
2020-21 Covid year
2021-22 11 games
2022-23 0 games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online