Women's Lacrosse - SU 8 vs Boston College 15: Sun Apr 28, 12 PM [ACC Finals] | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 8 vs Boston College 15: Sun Apr 28, 12 PM [ACC Finals]

2024 ACC All-Tournament Team
Sydney Scales, Boston College (MVP)
Rachel Clark, Boston College
Shea Dolce, Boston College
Belle Smith, Boston College
Cassidy Weeks, Boston College
Katie Goodale, Syracuse
Kate Mashewske, Syracuse
Emma Ward, Syracuse
Olivia Dooley, Notre Dame
Jackie Wolak, Notre Dame
Kate Galica, Virginia
Morgan Schwab, Virginia

It’s the same script every game. SU starts out on fire, then bc calls timeout and Jen Kent makes defensive adjustments that shut them down. And they are just so much more athletic and relentless. Their slides and double teams give the offense fits. But athleticism for SU has been a concern from day one.

It would have been interesting to see what the weave would have done but obviously Kayla has gone away from that.

Kayla vs AWW is starting to remind me of Boeheim vs Pitino. Rick always knew what adjustments to make and his record vs Jim reflected that. But Kayla is still so young, so plenty of time to turn it around. What is she, 30? She’s been a head coach for 3 years compared to Acacia’s 12. And it took her like 5 or 6 years to really get going.

50/50 balls always seem to go bc’s way.

I wonder where bc would be without their ridiculous transfer class. I mean getting Lopinto and Browndorf was one thing but also pulling in Clark from Virginia midway through last summer after Myers retired seemed unfair, lol.

Hopefully the team makes a run in the tournament and bc gets knocked out. If they meet in the Final 4 again I’m not sure I can watch. These games are just too flipping frustrating.

Kayla’s classes coming in the next few years are higher rated and much more athletic than Gait’s last couple. So she’s got that going for her, which is nice.

It’s the same script every game. SU starts out on fire, then bc calls timeout and Jen Kent makes defensive adjustments that shut them down. And they are just so much more athletic and relentless. Their slides and double teams give the offense fits. But athleticism for SU has been a concern from day one.

It would have been interesting to see what the weave would have done but obviously Kayla has gone away from that.

Kayla vs AWW is starting to remind me of Boeheim vs Pitino. Rick always knew what adjustments to make and his record vs Jim reflected that. But Kayla is still so young, so plenty of time to turn it around. What is she, 30? She’s been a head coach for 3 years compared to Acacia’s 12. And it took her like 5 or 6 years to really get going.

50/50 balls always seem to go bc’s way.

I wonder where bc would be without their ridiculous transfer class. I mean getting Lopinto and Browndorf was one thing but also pulling in Clark from Virginia midway through last summer after Myers retired seemed unfair, lol.

Hopefully the team makes a run in the tournament and bc gets knocked out. If they meet in the Final 4 again I’m not sure I can watch. These games are just too flipping frustrating.

Kayla’s classes coming in the next few years are higher rated and much more athletic than Gait’s last couple. So she’s got that going for her, which is nice.
No final four for you!

Kayla 0-5 vs AWW is insane to me with the amount of talent we have had the last 3 years she's been head coach. Like, she can't even win ONE game???? Unreal. This matchup is starting to give what it looked like when Gary was head coach and he couldn't get a win against Kelly Amonte Hiller and Cathy Reese if his life depended on it (eye roll).

I don't careeeee if Kayla and AWW are friends-- she needs to leave it at the door, because this is starting to get a bit old and just down right ridiculous atp. She needs to do a better job at coaching and making the necessary adjustments. I don't know why she keeps letting AWW out-coach her like she is some revolutionary/legendary coach (she is not), and like BC has way more talent than we do (they do not). Yet every time we play them, this team doesn't know how to show up and win.

I don't even know what mess I was watching offensively in that second half. No adjustments made other than putting Britton out there which really had no impact, other than the one goal she scored. This was a far cry from what we looked like Friday against UVA and just a pretty pathetic performance all around. This is why all of those 5th years came back? To play like this??? Womp, womp, womp...

Kayla 0-5 vs AWW is insane to me with the amount of talent we have had the last 3 years she's been head coach. Like, she can't even win ONE game???? Unreal. This matchup is starting to give what it looked like when Gary was head coach and he couldn't get a win against Kelly Amonte Hiller and Cathy Reese if his life depended on it (eye roll).

I don't careeeee if Kayla and AWW are friends-- she needs to leave it at the door, because this is starting to get a bit old and just down right ridiculous atp. She needs to do a better job at coaching and making the necessary adjustments. I don't know why she keeps letting AWW out-coach her like she is some revolutionary/legendary coach (she is not), and like BC has way more talent than we do (they do not). Yet every time we play them, this team doesn't know how to show up and win.

I don't even know what mess I was watching offensively in that second half. No adjustments made other than putting Britton out there which really had no impact, other than the one goal she scored. This was a far cry from what we looked like Friday against UVA and just a pretty pathetic performance all around. This is why all of those 5th years came back? To play like this??? Womp, womp, womp...
And it bugs me no end that Treanor won't face the media after losses like this. Like not owning up to it.

The second half offense was shot clock violation after shot clock violation interspersed with turnovers. It's not like this is something new. It was exactly the same a week ago. Did she even look at the film from last week?

That's not the same as sitting in front of the media and answering difficult questions.

How do you know she didn't answer questions? Because SU didn't upload a video?

There were plenty of games we won that SU failed to provide a video. There was no press video from the Virginia beatdown two days ago.

Who knows if SU even sent a camera crew?

Q for those who know, what adjustments did BC make that shut SU down?

When I tuned in, it was 7-5 SU. I didn't see the good start.

In the 3 subsequent quarters, I barely saw SU get a shot off. It was utter dominance. Heck, the only player doing anything was Emma Ward & our FO.

Just curious.

Was it a matter of BC settling down? Or, did they make some adjustment?

I don’t think it’s a coaching thing.. it’s a talent thing..and that is changing .. How many 5 star kids are on BC compared to SU.. and who recruited those 5 star girls to BC.. I myself have noticed a drop in 5 stars going to BC and an increase on the amount coming here..

the other thing is our girls are also beat up..
poor Emma T could barely pic herself up when she got knocked down

I don’t think it’s a coaching thing.. it’s a talent thing..and that is changing .. How many 5 star kids are on BC compared to SU.. and who recruited those 5 star girls to BC.. I myself have noticed a drop in 5 stars going to BC and an increase on the amount coming here..

the other thing is our girls are also beat up..
poor Emma T could barely pic herself up when she got knocked down
This is a great point. There has been a shift in recruiting since KT has been at the helm. Her 3 classes (on paper) have been very stout. It was unfortunate that the 23 class had a couple major injuries to players that were slated to be contributors.

BC is not going to fall off the map, but they could take a big step back after next year. 'Cuse and UNC will likely be 1-2 foreseeable future.

This is a great point. There has been a shift in recruiting since KT has been at the helm. Her 3 classes (on paper) have been very stout. It was unfortunate that the 23 class had a couple major injuries to players that were slated to be contributors.

BC is not going to fall off the map, but they could take a big step back after next year. 'Cuse and UNC will likely be 1-2 foreseeable future.
Taking a step back? SU loses the Sweitzers, Mashewske, Smith, Tyrell, Simpkins, Chevarie, Ward & Baxter. Lots of holes to fill.

SU gets Alexa Vogelman and Ashlee Volpe back from injury. Plus Jen Markey.

Plus:
Kendall Boggs, M/D
Milenna Cotter, M
Molly Guzik, M
Allie Hanlon, G
Grace McHugh, M
Alice Nash, A/M
Annie Parker, M
Brianna Peters, M
Lexi Reber, D
Caroline Trinkaus, M

Taking a step back? SU loses the Sweitzers, Mashewske, Smith, Tyrell, Simpkins, Chevarie, Ward & Baxter. Lots of holes to fill.
I believe you missed my point. KT's recruiting classes vs BC's. She has/is bringing in more talented players (on paper) than BC. I understand your point that there is a lot of talented players to replace.

Q for those who know, what adjustments did BC make that shut SU down?

When I tuned in, it was 7-5 SU. I didn't see the good start.

In the 3 subsequent quarters, I barely saw SU get a shot off. It was utter dominance. Heck, the only player doing anything was Emma Ward & our FO.

Just curious.

Was it a matter of BC settling down? Or, did they make some adjustment?
No takers?

No takers?
BC plays a very tight woman-to-woman defense with some outstanding defenders. Again, they shut down Tyrell by having rotating face guards. It appears, from what Treanor said, that they practiced all week against that defense and when they got out there in the second half, they completely forgot what they practiced. So, who really knows what they were supposed to do? Doesn't hurt BC that their goalie is excellent.

SU has two weeks to get physically rested. Going forward, they should practice against what they saw from BC all day, every day, and nothing else. Other teams will take their cue from BC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom