Women's Lacrosse - SU 8 vs Maryland 9 (OT): Sat Feb 17, 12 PM | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 8 vs Maryland 9 (OT): Sat Feb 17, 12 PM

We replaced Carney and Meg Tyrell, with Rich and Muchnick... Also missing out on a Star like Rachel Clark hurts...
Neither Rich or Muchnick play attack nice try though but I would say both Rich and Muchnick have played well Rowley plays in Tyrell’s spot and Adamson where Carney was. The spacing is an issue bad day at the office shooting wise started off shooting to fine and ended with playing catch with the goalie.Syracuse had atleast 4 pipes to MD 1 Like I said earlier I would much rather see this team struggle in February then May how this team responds in a very difficult venue to play at ND will tell me a lot

Haven't watched the game yet, but judging by the goal scorers-- the lack of dynamics on offense is glaring. No goals from Rich, Muchnick, S. Sweitzer, Baxter, only one goal a piece from Rowley and Tyrrell. That is not a winning recipe and not going to get the job done. Those are players who we desperately need to be seeing more from this year with the loss of both Meg's and the absence of Jeschke, Vogelman and Volpe.

We've got S. Sweitzer who has 1 goal in 3 games starting on offense. One. I'm sorry, but I actually don't know what her role is out there???? She reminds me of a certain past player who was a highly rated recruit and started off her career on offense and all she would do every time she got the ball was pass it off to a teammate, before getting benched by Gait the rest of her career. Sweitzer is the same IMO. All she does out there is pass the ball, not a scoring threat and no nose for going to goal whatsoever. While we've got Meghan Rode who put in 2 goals in like 2 mins of being on the field with plenty of other young guns waiting on the sidelines. Rich reminds me of Chevarie who is a better defender than offensive player and should be converted to defense full time. The lineup needs to be tweaked if we are going to have any success this year.

Sweitzer is most definitely injured the entire team appears to be banged up Sweitzer appears to be a hamstring issue had that beautiful goal against Army. Kayla did sub in freshman on man up with Gracie Britton getting multiple runs and Carmelli as well BC started last season off extremely poorly then came on late. Syracuse has a great opportunity to right the ship next week at ND

Just caught up to a bunch of stuff in this and the mens game day thread. So, here are some stream of consciousness thoughts, straight random…
Clark is an athlete who isn’t suited to take simpkins spot as the backer. I would like to see Olsen get some time there, she does a nice job when SU is short one. Clark and Vandiver should split time. Beyond the green card, I thought she was mediocre today.
This team is too old and has too big of an injury history. We rarely beat anyone one on one and SU looks so slow out there in games other than Benoit and occasionally Baxter.
There isn’t enough talent on the roster. Let’s face it, Gaits last two recruiting classes were pretty mediocre. Adamson is really the only offensive player from those classes that is making an impact.
If this team had volpe or vogelman it wins today. With both of them healthy we are looking at a different team.
I thought our middies really did us in today. Some seriously untimely turnovers from smith and Baxter with ineffectiveness from muchnick and rich.
S Sweitzer is the facilitator and heartbeat of the team. Her stats don pop off the page but she is the one talking in the on field huddles and the first to congratulate a teammate after goal.
I hope I'm wrong but this looks like an elite 8 team at best. Solid defense can’t overcome scattered offense.
Thats it for now.
Going to bed.

Markey? Does anyone know?
I could have my timeframe off, but I believe she tore her ACL in March of last year. Some ACLs take a bit longer than others. I have been done this road multiple times before.

This team has a lot of unknowns and with the injuries to Vogleman, Volpe and Jeschke (sp?) really set them back. Nonetheless, holding a team to less than 10 goals is remarkable. Maryland is not the Maryland of 6-7 years ago, but they are a still a top 6-8 team. I am not giving up on them, but they have to right the ship sooner or later. Not a lot of easy outs on this schedule.

Markey? Does anyone know?
She hasn’t dressed for either of the two games I have attended this year. I guess she isn’t ready to come back yet. I wonder how much of the season she need to miss before they decide to redshirt. They lose a ton this year and it might help to have some leadership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom