SU 80 vs Pittsburgh 72: Sun Jan 30, 12 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU 80 vs Pittsburgh 72: Sun Jan 30, 12 PM

Replay:

Last edited:
Yikes that Pitt girl’s knee just went out. No contact - hate seeing that.
When the ball came down it hit the inside of her knee when her motion was going forward. Her other leg collided with the ball pushing her knee joint out to the right. I hope she's okay but she wasn't putting any weight on that leg when they helped her off the court.

When the ball came down it hit the inside of her knee when her motion was going forward. Her other leg collided with the ball pushing her knee joint out to the right. I hope she's okay but she wasn't putting any weight on that leg when they helped her off the court.
I blew out my knee playing (thankfully when I was older, not in college) on a non-contact play. I wish I could have said I was soaring for a rebound, an attempted dunk :))) or something super athletic like that. Instead I had just poked the ball out of bounds on defense and was standing defending the inbounds play, turned my body to look behind me to see where the offense was set up and my knee didn’t turn with me. Heard and felt Pop, Pop and I dropped like an elegant, dainty sack of potatoes, like I was shot. Feel for anyone who has to go through the pain, long grueling rehab for it.

I blew out my knee playing (thankfully when I was older, not in college) on a non-contact play. I wish I could have said I was soaring for a rebound, an attempted dunk :))) or something super athletic like that. Instead I had just poked the ball out of bounds on defense and was standing defending the inbounds play, turned my body to look behind me to see where the offense was set up and my knee didn’t turn with me. Heard and felt Pop, Pop and I dropped like an elegant, dainty sack of potatoes, like I was shot. Feel for anyone who has to go through the pain, long grueling rehab for it.
Ouch! That sounds so painful and to have it happen that way, yikes!

Ouch! That sounds so painful and to have it happen that way, yikes!
It seemed so unbelievable to me at the time - totally shocked. All the crazy times you fall, get pushed, run the court, make moves etc but to have it happen doing really nothing - made me think that it couldn’t really be anything serious. I’ve seen it so often happen just that way since - no contact- just tired ligaments giving out - especially females. That Paige Buecker‘s of UConn injury was a no contact ACL injury too doing really ‘nothing’. The ligament just gives out.

It seemed so unbelievable to me at the time - totally shocked. All the crazy times you fall, get pushed, run the court, make moves etc but to have it happen doing really nothing - made me think that it couldn’t really be anything serious. I’ve seen it so often happen just that way since - no contact- just tired ligaments giving out - especially females. That Paige Buecker‘s of UConn injury was a no contact ACL injury too doing really ‘nothing’. The ligament just gives out.
wow, I had not seen Buecker's injury, she thought she might be able to play through it as like you said she probably couldn't imagine it was anything serious. That just looks so damn painful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom