SU 86 vs Notre Dame 81: Sun Dec 31, 2 PM | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

SU 86 vs Notre Dame 81: Sun Dec 31, 2 PM

Despite the comment about the crowd, which is obviously the most egregious offense in the history of journalism, I thought Donna's articles were great. Hope her schedule with the men's team will allow her the chance to cover more women's games.

Officials calling technicals on NC State for saying "and one" after they're fouled. Two technicals assigned so far, I've never seen anything like it.
No one else ever had either, good officials should never be noticed in a game.

I thought Perkins played a good game, doing lots of the ball handling easing the load on Dyashia who was having a tough day directing the offense. She was able to penetrate and dish for some nice buckets. She had 5 assists and only 1 turnover in a sloppy turnover filled game for both teams.

I thought Perkins played a good game, doing lots of the ball handling easing the load on Dyashia who was having a tough day directing the offense. She was able to penetrate and dish for some nice buckets. She had 5 assists and only 1 turnover in a sloppy turnover filled game for both teams.
I agree. I was a little surprised Perkins hasn't gotten more minutes this season before today as I thought she had shown some promise last season. I hope that continues to help Dyashia, as you mention.

Ditota's 2 cents are meaningless, for years she ignored the women's program and still barely mentions them.
Crowd listed 2775
You realize, of course, that Donna works for someone. She covers who she is told to cover.

To say she “ignored” the women’s program is disingenuous at best. Take the complaints to the newspaper, not her.

I don't know much about women's bball but I do know beating Notre Dame is good! Any high ranked home games coming up?

I don't know much about women's bball but I do know beating Notre Dame is good! Any high ranked home games coming up?
For home games, the next ranked opponent is Fla ST on 1/18 @ 7pm.
Away our very next game is against #24 UNC on 1/4th though.
Here’s the entire schedule below.

You realize, of course, that Donna works for someone. She covers who she is told to cover.

To say she “ignored” the women’s program is disingenuous at best. Take the complaints to the newspaper, not her.
Agree, Donna is very good. I was interviewed by her years ago regarding a teammate who was elected to her college’s sports hall of fame for an article she was preparing. She’s not just an excellent sports journalist but a very nice person.

4 tweets for the women vs 12+ for the men tells me she is indifferent to the women's game IMO.

4 tweets for the women vs 12+ for the men tells me she is indifferent to the women's game IMO.
What is the interest in the women's program. Dome looked pretty empty v. One of the best programs in the country. Could she help generate more interest. Should SU offer tickets to the local high school and Jr. High programs? This team has some very good players and a wonderful coach. I don't expect a full dome but can they've 10 to 12 k for important games like today.

The women are a good team that does not get the respect they deserve both locally and nationally. Coach Jack grew up in Syracuse and is leading the resurgence in the program. Really liked the day game where all the elementary school students attended. I feel the university needs to do similar things for all sports. Build the brand locally with the residents. Give free tickets to the schools, radio stations, business, etc.. It’s been said before whoever is running su PR needs to be upgraded. The university should do everything in its power to get fans in the seats.

Agree, Donna is very good. I was interviewed by her years ago regarding a teammate who was elected to her college’s sports hall of fame for an article she was preparing. She’s not just an excellent sports journalist but a very nice person.
I met her in 10th grade. She was covering local HS sports and interviewing my HSs football coach. We had just won a game that sent us to the Dome. She's been around a long time!

Last edited:
I met her in 10th grade. She was covering local HS sports and interviewing my HSs football coach. We had just won a game that sent us to the Dome. She's been around a long time!
I really doubt she’d purposely be ignoring women’s basketball. She was an excellent high school ball player who earned a D1 scholarship in basketball at St Bonaventure herself.

She was covering game by herself and doing the game story. Men's games have two, herself and Waters. Game stories take more work, less time to tweet than if just doing a column and articles based on post-game interviews with head coach and players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom