SU 89, Tennessee 67: Sun March 27, 3:30 PM ESPN | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

SU 89, Tennessee 67: Sun March 27, 3:30 PM ESPN

Tuned in for a couple moments thanks to this thread. They looked pretty good.

Yes. I have a question. After Tennessee scored their last basket of the half there were about 4 or 5 seconds left on the clock. It didn't stop running as SU took it out of bounds and passed it in. I thought the clock is supposed to stop with a change of possession until a player on the court actually touches it, which is why sometimes a player lets the ball roll across the court before picking it up. The extra two seconds we would have had if the clock had stopped could well have resulted in a SU basket because the shooter would have been closer to it. Am I wrong?

Yes. I have a question. After Tennessee scored their last basket of the half there were about 4 or 5 seconds left on the clock. It didn't stop running as SU took it out of bounds and passed it in. I thought the clock is supposed to stop with a change of possession until a player on the court actually touches it, which is why sometimes a player lets the ball roll across the court before picking it up. The extra two seconds we would have had if the clock had stopped could well have resulted in a SU basket because the shooter would have been closer to it. Am I wrong?
In the men's game it's the last 2 minutes only.

Ok so do you mean the clock stops in the last two minutes? That would have applied here. But the men and women do have different rules so does anyone know what it is in the women's game? Thanks.

Hope our guys can shoot like this...really impressive shooting by the girls. I admit to not watching women's bball, but I really am enjoying the style Coach Q runs.

Ok so do you mean the clock stops in the last two minutes? That would have applied here. But the men and women do have different rules so does anyone know what it is in the women's game? Thanks.

i think it's just the last 2 minutes of the game, not the first half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom