SU 91 at Clemson 77: Sun Jan 8, 2 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU 91 at Clemson 77: Sun Jan 8, 2 PM

Replay:

Last edited:
Some quick thoughts…

Hyman is terrific passing the ball at the high post. She set up a lot of easy layups throughout the game from there, almost all in half court sets, most no lookers.

Woolley is a really good player. She gets a lot of steals and deflections. I think SU opened in man (person to person?) and it got lit up. We moved to a zone but I think it was a 1-3-1. Woolley was put up top and she disrupted their offense big time.

On offense, she can drive and either dish or throw a floater up. She can shoot from the outside and make mid range jumpers. She does a lot of things to help the team win.

Fair is a great scorer prone to long hot and close spells. When she gets hot, she is capable of doing massive damage. The team as a whole is also prone to extended hot and cold periods, which is largely attributable to Fair’s wild up and down play.

SU dominated the boards and in the end, that seemed to be the biggest determining factor in who won. Great team effort here. Props to the SU bigs, who don’t score much but play good interior D and get a lot of boards.

I think another key was that the two good Clemson bigs were really overweight and got gassed. The game was very fast paced and they are built for a much slower pace. They started out playing well but we’re struggling most of the second half.

Nice win. Clemson had a similar record to Syracuse (there are a bunch of ACC schools near .500 in conference play early). If we are to make the tournament, we have to start separating from this pack. This was a good step towards that end.

Some quick thoughts…

Hyman is terrific passing the ball at the high post. She set up a lot of easy layups throughout the game from there, almost all in half court sets, most no lookers.

Woolley is a really good player. She gets a lot of steals and deflections. I think SU opened in man (person to person?) and it got lit up. We moved to a zone but I think it was a 1-3-1. Woolley was put up top and she disrupted their offense big time.

On offense, she can drive and either dish or throw a floater up. She can shoot from the outside and make mid range jumpers. She does a lot of things to help the team win.

Fair is a great scorer prone to long hot and close spells. When she gets hot, she is capable of doing massive damage. The team as a whole is also prone to extended hot and cold periods, which is largely attributable to Fair’s wild up and down play.

SU dominated the boards and in the end, that seemed to be the biggest determining factor in who won. Great team effort here. Props to the SU bigs, who don’t score much but play good interior D and get a lot of boards.

I think another key was that the two good Clemson bigs were really overweight and got gassed. The game was very fast paced and they are built for a much slower pace. They started out playing well but we’re struggling most of the second half.

Nice win. Clemson had a similar record to Syracuse (there are a bunch of ACC schools near .500 in conference play early). If we are to make the tournament, we have to start separating from this pack. This was a good step towards that end.
Tom, of course the Clemson bigs are built for a slower pace. It is the South after all. ;)

4FC68675-325C-4C09-92E7-413D70F22B4C.jpeg

With FLJ, her expertise and the new CAB team, we are pretty darn good right now. Through 17 games Fair is averaging 19.5 points and in her last six, 21.5.
  • Five Orange recorded double-digits for the first time since January 30th against Pittsburgh.
  • The 91 points are the most scored against Clemson in program history.

Last edited:
Start of the 4th quarter made me nervous, here we go again 4th qtr collapse. Good timeout call and team responded with some great plays. Team showed lot of progress, great all round play.

Start of the 4th quarter made me nervous, here we go again 4th qtr collapse. Good timeout call and team responded with some great plays. Team showed lot of progress, great all round play.
Woolley has really helped this team on defense with steals/deflection and with her outside shooting. Impressed with Kyra Wood too, she’s really stepped up her game the last few outings too. We needed more players to step it up besides Fair, Hyman, Lewis etc and it’s happening. Makes it more difficult for opponents to focus their defense when there are more weapons SU has on the court and coming off the bench.

Woolley in her last 3 games has averaged 20 points, over 6 rebounds, 5 steals, while shooting 48% from the field and 80% from the free throw line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom