SU 99 vs Miami 64: Sun Jan 17, Noon [RSN/YES] | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU 99 vs Miami 64: Sun Jan 17, Noon [RSN/YES]

Last edited:
I imagine there is some tough blowback on any player(s) who may have caused quarantine issues especially with a cancer survivor on the team.

No knowledge on my part (no surprise there) but just a general musing.

Great game! So much talent. Priscilla Williams - wow. Hoping Tiana can get back into full basketball shape - these layoffs have to be so frustrating for her and the seniors.
Yeah. This team is so much fun to watch. Will take some time to get back in up and down the court shape. The 9 turnovers by T is just brutal. She always wants the spectacular pass and too often it goes to no one. Don’t get me wrong, love her but Would love that part cleaned up as we hopefully keep playing

Great win, ladies!
B4609131-3B96-4195-B58C-EF09BCBB3FF5.jpeg

Yeah. This team is so much fun to watch. Will take some time to get back in up and down the court shape. The 9 turnovers by T is just brutal. She always wants the spectacular pass and too often it goes to no one. Don’t get me wrong, love her but Would love that part cleaned up as we hopefully keep playing
I think the toll on her body is affecting her judgment on her speed and force on passes, getting by people etc. That’s why layoffs are even more brutal for her in getting to her new max conditioning. I worry that until that happens her injury chances increase. Has to be frustrating to see plays but your body isn’t reacting the same way it used to.

I think the toll on her body is affecting her judgment on her speed and force on passes, getting by people etc. That’s why layoffs are even more brutal for her in getting to her new max conditioning. I worry that until that happens her injury chances increase. Has to be frustrating to see plays but your body isn’t reacting the same way it used to.
I think you’re spot on

I think you’re spot on
She’ll continue to improve, she knows in her head what to do but has to continue working to get her body conditioned while being patient with herself. She’s a warrior. My heart goes out to her because it has to be frustrating. Time is the answer and that’s why these stops and restarts have to be particularly maddening. What a wonderful person to cheer for!

She’ll continue to improve, she knows in her head what to do but has to continue working to get her body conditioned while being patient with herself. She’s a warrior. My heart goes out to her because it has to be frustrating. Time is the answer and that’s why these stops and restarts have to be particularly maddening. What a wonderful person to cheer for!
Getting in sync with her teammates expecting the pass will cut down on the turnovers. Young players like Cardosa, Williams, and really hasn't played much with Lewis.
Hope to see the youngster, thinks it's Fisher get more time in place of Lewis, who still shoots too much.

Looked like they had Fisher at PG, which is good because presumably both TM and KL will move on after this season. Need somebody with some game experience on the ball next season along with the Canadian PG coming in.

I would pencil in Hyman as SG next season with Priscilla Williams and Engstler as the forwards. Best case scenario— the other Canadian is too good to not start opposite Emily and thus Priscilla moves to SG sending Hyman to the bench.

Looked like they had Fisher at PG, which is good because presumably both TM and KL will move on after this season. Need somebody with some game experience on the ball next season along with the Canadian PG coming in.

I would pencil in Hyman as SG next season with Priscilla Williams and Engstler as the forwards. Best case scenario— the other Canadian is too good to not start opposite Emily and thus Priscilla moves to SG sending Hyman to the bench.
A lot of good young talent on next year's team.

So to answer my question, at least Finklea and maybe the others were not fully cleared to play yet and are still in the COVID protocol. Not sure for how much longer. I think Finklea was on the sidelines. There may be another threshold besides a negative COVID test that they need to meet. Maybe after the Florida player there is a physical test or something.
Cherie, I know at least one person who was a "bad girl" who did not seem to be punished today so I don't think any of them were. I'm thinking it may have been more of a come together moment. There were maybe many who could have been smarter. I almost think the way they played showed that they learned a lesson as a team.

Tiana, Kiara and Digna have not decided if they will take advantage of another year they all have been given. I would think Tiana would like to head to the WNBA if she gets her conditioning fully back. Today was much closer. Kiara has been struggling, and I don't see a WNBA career for her. She already has this extra year under her belt. Maybe she has had enough college. Does she want to play overseas or maybe a much more advanced degree in which point she should stay. Digna could be back. We shall see with all 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom