SU Athletics Golf Outing at Seneca Falls CC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU Athletics Golf Outing at Seneca Falls CC

Hey Roc44 you need to go into your profile and allow private conversations. No one can contact you privately. Hopefully someone knows how to do it. It was an option at sign up. This way we can reach out to you next year for golf. Better yet why don't you come to the Fine Mess Tailgate this Fall and introduce yourself.
I think I might have met Roc44. Didn't you come to a Fine Mess tailgate maybe 7 or 8 years ago? I could swear we met and had a nice conversation.

Yes, please come next year. I am sure you will enjoy it. SU football, steak and golf. How can you not have a great time?

Does anyone think the Seneca falls component is a reason why people don’t play? I’d be more than willing to help make some calls if this wanted to be moved into the city... just a thought but I think something closer to “home” might spark some more interest ...

I need to play in this one next year also…. I suck…. About a bogey golfer…. But I can hit some beauties here and there when I get into a groove
You’re in with Heeter and I. You match our profile!

I will definately attempt to be able to join next year as I do golf somewhat regularly, but this year with starting a new job and rehabbing an injury it wasn't meant to be. I also around a bogey ish golfer when i can play regularly

Does anyone think the Seneca falls component is a reason why people don’t play? I’d be more than willing to help make some calls if this wanted to be moved into the city... just a thought but I think something closer to “home” might spark some more interest ...
At one point 30 years or so ago there were several golf tournaments that supported SU FB around CNY. This is the last one still alive. Not sure we want to mess with this.

If someone wants to work with the SUAD to get another one going that might work.

really the reason this even exists is because how hard the work to keep it going.. there is a reason the other 4-5 all died out over the years.. they had 23 teams and thats about the perfect number for pace of play. say they moved it to syracuse.. you still need to start around noon so people need to stop working 11ish.. and really its what 30-40 min to get there for many people. you can leave at 11 and get there to play from roch. How many on this board are from places outside the syracuse area. the Sfalls/Waterloo connections to SU keeps this going.

distance is really a poor excuse. i drive just as far to get to my league night. if you live on the west side of syracuse its really not that far to get too.

If you move it to syracuse you would have to replace 100 players with a different 100 I suspect

Won the Merch raffle this year.

As Tomcat said we had a pretty good run 9 under to finish around 5th but 17 under to win was not on our radar for sure..

Always a fun time and pounding the steak sandwiches every few holes is reason enough to show up.

When I get the notice next year I will be sure to make sure the board knows about it.

If we know a few teams from the board are showing up we can arrange it to be easier to find and meet/greet with other.

got to spend a fun daying talking golf and fball with Tomcat how much fun is that. And you get to pick on Dino a few times around as well.

1655296980410.png