SU brand | Syracusefan.com

SU brand

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
So, I was in Lancaster, PA this weekend, at my son's soccer tournament. We are playing against a team from Baltimore. There has been some personnel changes since last year, so I don't know all the parents of the players on the team. It's cold and raining, and I see a dad watching the game. He has SU gear on, so I start chatting him up. About 10 minutes in, I ask him which son is his. He says my son plays for the other team. Semi-embarrased, I ask if he is from Syracuse or went to SU. "Nope, I just like SU."

So, I was in Lancaster, PA this weekend, at my son's soccer tournament. We are playing against a team from Baltimore. There has been some personnel changes since last year, so I don't know all the parents of the players on the team. It's cold and raining, and I see a dad watching the game. He has SU gear on, so I start chatting him up. About 10 minutes in, I ask him which son is his. He says my son plays for the other team. Semi-embarrased, I ask if he is from Syracuse or went to SU. "Nope, I just like SU."
SU is a brand. "The Orange." Now if Nike would just put the Orange back in our uniforms.

cto said:
SU brand is Newhouse and Maxwell and VPA and Whitman. Let's not forget about that.

Ahem..School of Architecture...Ahem. let's not forget that either! ;)

I did not go to Syracuse - and I am a huge fan (of the basketball team). I did grow up in Northern NY. Not really that close to Syracuse though.

Wouldn't surprise me if, coming from B'more, he could have picked up liking SU from MLax.

Is SU Brand at all related to former overall #1 pick Elton Brand? I kind of felt he hadn't received his share of mentions in awhile.

Last edited: