SU can't be complacent | Syracusefan.com

SU can't be complacent

zibby

Starter
We're out of the BE. That doesn't mean we're safe.

My nightmare scenario:

UM, FSU, GT, CU, UL, Pitt > Big XII
UVa, UNC > B1G
VT, NCSU > SEC
WF, Duke, BC, SU = left behind

Maybe WVU lobbies for us instead of Pitt because they'd rather their rival be weak than competitive, but do you really want to count on that?

It's not enough to be happy to be in the ACC. SU needs to make itself attractive enough for the Big XII and B1G.

On top of all that...if the ACC stays together long term, SU would have the three strongest football programs (at the moment) in its division.

I didn't want to post it yesterday because of all the angst concerning Ebo and Marrone, but some other boards have been posting the last couple days that GTech and UNC are next in line for the B1G. And if nothing else, the B1G is to be at 16 teams by July 1, 2013.

I didn't want to post it yesterday because of all the angst concerning Ebo and Marrone, but some other boards have been posting the last couple days that GTech and UNC are next in line for the B1G. And if nothing else, the B1G is to be at 16 teams by July 1, 2013.
Wasnt this same rumor floated around a few months ago as well?

There's a lot more to worry about than the B1G. If the end game is four major conferences, the Big XII survives and the ACC dies, IMO.

There's a lot more to worry about than the B1G. If the end game is four major conferences, the Big XII survives and the ACC dies, IMO.

If this ends up as 4x16 what is the likelyhood that the only BCS program in NYS gets left out? Markets.

If this ends up as 4x16 what is the likelyhood that the only BCS program in NYS gets left out? Markets.

Who says it has to be 4x16?

Big 12 is soooo nice, specially after Nebraska, texas A&M, Colorado, and Missouri left... Yeah right, hotbeds like Kansas, Iowa state, Baylor, Texas tech remain. The acc is going nowhere and the big 12 will get picked apart by the PAC 12, sec, and big ten if they want Kansas basketball etc. big 12 is just a bunch of Texas schools. If Oklahoma or Texas leave, the conference is done...
Syracuse will never get left out, we are simply too big if a brand in basketball along with our football tradition. Do you really think that Maryland and Rutgers would get picked before Syracuse If they were all looking for a home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas has already said no to the PAC and the SEC. Nobody in the ACC would say no to the B1G or SEC.

Acc said no to Syracuse before and we saw how that played out. If Oklahoma leaves for the big 10 it's game over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk