SU/Clemson Orange Bowl | Syracusefan.com

SU/Clemson Orange Bowl

That would be incredible. We're a long way from that right now, however.

Two insignificant events that maybe bookend a dark era of SU football.

1. The day (back in 2000) when I saw an SI bowl projection that did not include SU in any bowl. Something that I thought I would never see at the time.

2. The day I see SU in a BCS bowl projection again. Something that most people thought they would never see again.

...it would be fitting...'Cuse against Clemson...two ACC schools battling it out on the turf...what may be more interesting...is 'Cuse against North Carolina in the final four!

Cool. my favorite bowl game a$$ whipping was against Clemson...

Yep...this time Clemson would really pay us back. Do NOT want to see that matchup.

Loved that Gator Bowl.

Sometime in the 2nd half, Tom Hammond (or maybe it was Enberg) says that Syracuse is of course the Orangemen but look closely, Clemson is wearing more of a burnt orange.

Bob Trumpy says, yeah, they're getting BURNT all right.

I am going to use the Coach Mac philosophy.....and that is --- 7 down and 1 to go.
Anyone contemplating a BCS game at this point is getting carried away. Take these games one a time and see what happens at the end.
As great as the WVU game was it was one game at home. Let's see which team shows up in Louisville. The one that played RI or Fri nites team?
We need to get better yet before we think of being very competitive against a BCS team. We need to win out convincingly before I buy that hype.
I don't think I would want to lose 1 or 2 million bucks and get hammered as UConn did last year.

Let's see what happens on the field for the balance of the season then we can talk about it.

I
I was at that game in the Gator Bowl. SU play on the field quickly quieted the screaming Clemson family sitting in the row behind me. The teenage fan right behind me asked, thinking of the hill that the Clemson team runs down from for their home games, asked "Momma, where dey gonna run from?" I turned around & said they were going to run from Donovan McNabb.

Yep...this time Clemson would really pay us back. Do NOT want to see that matchup.

Why is that? We have the speed to handle that goofy triple option. Especially if you give HCDM a month of preparation...

WOOOOH!!! somes peoples needs to slows downs a bits.Getting way ahead of themselves after the only game we looked good in this year.

I take that back.If the players see everyone believing. I think they will believe a lot more to, and play that much harder.Even though its hard to fathom them playing any harder than on friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom