SU Earns 11 Phil Steele Preseason Honors | Syracusefan.com

SU Earns 11 Phil Steele Preseason Honors

ok, i think a lot of us feel the weak link on the team was the ol. how do all 3 of our returnees make an all big east team and the 2 that graduated get drafted or signed as a FA. why weren't they much better last year?

ok, i think a lot of us feel the weak link on the team was the ol. how do all 3 of our returnees make an all big east team and the 2 that graduated get drafted or signed as a FA. why weren't they much better last year?
A very good, and troubling, question

Not enough play makers at RB, QB or WR.

I think most teams put a lot of players in the box and played press coverage.

I think much of that placed a great deal of pressure on the OL.

At least that's my sense.

Im not sure if this is a legit question or a dig at Adkins and Marrone. I am going to answer this question in two parts. First, about 50 percent of all college contributors get a fa tryout after school. Tiller was a late sixth rounder.

Secondly, as to Steele's preseason honors, it's like the special olympics where everyone gets a medal. If there are four teams, and five lineman per team, then there are 20 slots for a preseason honor. Since there are only what, 8 teams in the BE, then essentially half win an award. Actually, it's probably much more than that considering of a good twenty to thirty percent of last year's starting 40 OL in the big east were lost to graduation. Basically if you played a snap at any OL position, you're getting on Steele's list.

They can only block for so long. Eventually a receiver has to get open...or a QB needs to get that open receiver the ball.

I've said it before that Nassib's completion percentage would have gone up 10 percentage points if he just took a bit of juice off the ball. Not every pass needs to be shot out of a cannon. Give the receivers a chance to catch the damn ball.

Im not sure if this is a legit question or a dig at Adkins and Marrone. I am going to answer this question in two parts. First, about 50 percent of all college contributors get a fa tryout after school. Tiller was a late sixth rounder.

Secondly, as to Steele's preseason honors, it's like the special olympics where everyone gets a medal. If there are four teams, and five lineman per team, then there are 20 slots for a preseason honor. Since there are only what, 8 teams in the BE, then essentially half win an award. Actually, it's probably much more than that considering of a good twenty to thirty percent of last year's starting 40 OL in the big east were lost to graduation. Basically if you played a snap at any OL position, you're getting on Steele's list.

Legit question although I do not think a great job has been done considering the OL experience we have with 3 guys on the staff. I buy your explanation however that same explanation can be used every year and we do not get all returnees on the list and all graduates a shot at the pro's. This is the first time I can remember that. I almost think the pieces are better individually than the whole and maybe they don't work together as well which to me could be schemes.

They can only block for so long. Eventually a receiver has to get open...or a QB needs to get that open receiver the ball.

I've said it before that Nassib's completion percentage would have gone up 10 percentage points if he just took a bit of juice off the ball. Not every pass needs to be shot out of a cannon. Give the receivers a chance to catch the damn ball.

Some think the WR's are the weak link, some think the QB, but a lot of people think it is the OL and has been that way for awhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom