SU Football Chat Scheduled for Tuesday Night at 7 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU Football Chat Scheduled for Tuesday Night at 7 PM

In the very eloquent words of sutomcat:

The chat room is a very informal setting where we want to set up an environment where our chat room guests can speak freely. The goal is to get opinions and other info in a chat that wouldn't ever appear in the mainstream media. Lastly, we don't want to post a transcript and find that an off hand comment from a guest gets them in trouble. The decision not to post chat room transcripts is something we do towards these ends. I am sorry for the people that forget or can't make it but this is a board policy we are unlikely to change.

Sorry, folks
Details are always great when they come in the the form of reminders.

Thanks for this. I agree with the intent.

I am sorry for all of you who missed the chat but unfortunately, like anything, there will never be a day or time that works for everyone.
And to the great crowd we had last night thanks for coming and asking your questions.

I'm not trying to be a PITA... if it can't be varied at all that's fine. But it's at the same time, every time, we have a chat and that means those of us who can't make that time are rarely going to be able to participate.

I'm not trying to be a PITA... if it can't be varied at all that's fine. But it's at the same time, every time, we have a chat and that means those of us who can't make that time are rarely going to be able to participate.
Actually they were usually at 8:00 last year.
It's just hard to schedule a chat that is going to work for everyone posters, Guest and moderators.

Actually they were usually at 8:00 last year.
It's just hard to schedule a chat that is going to work for everyone posters, Guest and moderators.

I get it... no prob. Just again throwing it out there that for me 9 or later would be far more doable. Not a big deal if it's not possible.

Its 5 for me which is impossible. But i completely agree with TC that you dont want this published. I hate missing it still i agree with maintaining confidentiality.

In the very eloquent words of sutomcat:

The chat room is a very informal setting where we want to set up an environment where our chat room guests can speak freely. The goal is to get opinions and other info in a chat that wouldn't ever appear in the mainstream media. Lastly, we don't want to post a transcript and find that an off hand comment from a guest gets them in trouble. The decision not to post chat room transcripts is something we do towards these ends. I am sorry for the people that forget or can't make it but this is a board policy we are unlikely to change.

Sorry, folks
excellent rationale!!!! i have that same opinion re babers treatment of speaking to the press. plays it close to the vest and provides no fodder for speculation,innuendo or interpretation. he is inviting us to come and see what he's got w/o bs bravado.

excellent rationale!!!! i have that same opinion re babers treatment of speaking to the press. plays it close to the vest and provides no fodder for speculation,innuendo or interpretation. he is inviting us to come and see what he's got w/o bs bravado.

I don't know. I mean I appreciate the lack of constant coach speak noise, but I do also feel like generating some buy-in from this fan base is a huge task for anyone who takes this job. I don't care a ton about hype but some benign insights from practice and a little more effort in media access and fanfest type activities is important. I guess none of it matters if they're scoring 50 a game and winning 10+ every year, but I guess I struggle with the black hole philosophy. I remember P's camps still left plenty of mystery but you at least got some info from time to time on which players may have had good off-seasons or if there were a player or two who were tearing it up in practice. I remember eating that stuff up and it's hard to believe cost them some huge strategic advantage. I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

I don't know. I mean I appreciate the lack of constant coach speak noise, but I do also feel like generating some buy-in from this fan base is a huge task for anyone who takes this job. I don't care a ton about hype but some benign insights from practice and a little more effort in media access and fanfest type activities is important. I guess none of it matters if they're scoring 50 a game and winning 10+ every year, but I guess I struggle with the black hole philosophy. I remember P's camps still left plenty of mystery but you at least got some info from time to time on which players may have had good off-seasons or if there were a player or two who were tearing it up in practice. I remember eating that stuff up and it's hard to believe cost them some huge strategic advantage. I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

At the same time, it could be that Babers is working in this manner because it's his very first pre-season at SU. I'm just idly speculating, but it could be that a couple years from now he is more open about things, once the system is fully operational and processes are more fully baked. At my own job I know that things are run differently the first time we are on a major recurring project than they are the 4th time.

At the same time, it could be that Babers is working in this manner because it's his very first pre-season at SU. I'm just idly speculating, but it could be that a couple years from now he is more open about things, once the system is fully operational and processes are more fully baked. At my own job I know that things are run differently the first time we are on a major recurring project than they are the 4th time.
It's because you get pretty lazy by the 4th project, isn't it?

I think it points to a serious mind that is keenly aware of the competitive disadvantage he faces yet hasn't abandoned the convictoon that he's got better than a puncher's chance. Connecting those dots ought to light everyone up. Notice also that he hasn't fully gagged his players and a number of details have come out of them directly thus far.