2.Drake Porter
3.Dom Madonna
4.Evan Molloy
5.Warren Hill
6.Bobby Wardwell
7.John Galloway
8.Peter Coluccini
9.Jay Pfeifer

Give me your top 5 in order (from 2002 onwards).
My selections are:

0E54F06F-F8A7-4322-8C0A-966B8EFD379B.jpeg
F2E9D3FE-0388-4638-A239-D711E60AC5E1.jpeg
EE2F016C-E560-421E-ACC2-B2EEBF5CF7AC.jpeg
5F382263-2109-48A1-AED7-A41BB8E68462.jpeg

Last edited:
John Galloway
Jay Pfeifer
Drake Porter
Dom Lamolinara
Evan Molloy

Is Robbie Mulligan eligible?

No Robbie is one of the best but we’ll leave him off for the sake of this poll. Robbie knows he’s one of the best! #13

Pfeifer
Galloway
Porter
Lomolinara
Wardwell (he had a nice senior year)

Galloway
Pfiefer
Molloy
Porter
Wardwell

Warren Hill was the biggest disappointment for me. Maybe his style is more suited for box lacrosse. I thought based on his run at OCC that he would be a force.

Woody, you might want to change your original post. Mulligan was the starting goalie in 2000 and 2001. Maybe change the date to “since 2002” or “since 2001”, whichever one one excludes 2001.

for me
Galloway
Pfiefer
Porter
Molloy
Lamolinara

Molloy was great on clears and the time had lots of success with him in net, including an ACC tournament championship and the great run in 2017.

Pfeifer - 2 rings. Monster in playoffs. You could argue his stretch was during the pre-parity days and had a stronger supporting cast.

Galloway - 2 rings. Not the best stopper but more than made up in clearing ability and leadership. Still bitter that group wasn't able to get at least another ring.

Porter - He's been fantastic. Wish we had him for a couple more seasons.

This middle tier here is tough. All were solid in fairly limited stints.

Molloy - Took over for Hill mid-season IIRC and was very solid overall with some monster games. Spawned a Lax Twitter GIF. He gets the nod over others in this tier.

Madonna - Transferred in? Think he had 1 strong starting season. Give him the nod over others because he was still playing in the MLL last season.

Lamolinara - Transfer from MD. Split time with Wardwell a bit. From my memory I thought he played well during his time.

Wardwell - Remember he was a big recruit, struggled in earlier seasons and then had a real nice senior year.

Coluccini - Struggled mightily along with rest of team during his tenure. Transferred to OState I think?

Warren Hill - Not sure what happened here. Obviously didn't work out.

I think we are all, including myself, selling Lamolinara a little short in this. Maybe because he was a transfer. He was very good in 2013 when SU made the finals.

I think we are all, including myself, selling Lamolinara a little short in this. Maybe because he was a transfer. He was very good in 2013 when SU made the finals.
Agreed. Maybe it's recency bias on my part. He was fantastic in that Denver semi game in the FF (19 saves).

Pfeifer - 2 rings. Monster in playoffs. You could argue his stretch was during the pre-parity days and had a stronger supporting cast.

Galloway - 2 rings. Not the best stopper but more than made up in clearing ability and leadership. Still bitter that group wasn't able to get at least another ring.

Porter - He's been fantastic. Wish we had him for a couple more seasons.

This middle tier here is tough. All were solid in fairly limited stints.

Molloy - Took over for Hill mid-season IIRC and was very solid overall with some monster games. Spawned a Lax Twitter GIF. He gets the nod over others in this tier.

Madonna - Transferred in? Think he had 1 strong starting season. Give him the nod over others because he was still playing in the MLL last season.

Lamolinara - Transfer from MD. Split time with Wardwell a bit. From my memory I thought he played well during his time.

Wardwell - Remember he was a big recruit, struggled in earlier seasons and then had a real nice senior year.

Coluccini - Struggled mightily along with rest of team during his tenure. Transferred to OState I think?

Warren Hill - Not sure what happened here. Obviously didn't work out.
Being bitter that Galloway and crew didn't win a 3rd ring is like winning the lottery twice and being bitter that you didn't win it again :cool:

Being bitter that Galloway and crew didn't win a 3rd ring is like winning the lottery twice and being bitter that you didn't win it again :cool:
Ha yes maybe bitter is the wrong word. Both those championship runs were fantastic. Just felt like they were the odd's on favorite in '10 before the Army OT loss and had another great shot in '11 before the MD stall-ball game.

Tbh I’m bitter that Rices and Mariano squads didn’t win a championship! They where solid squads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom