SU - greatest buzzer beaters | Syracusefan.com

SU - greatest buzzer beaters

Toga

Living Legend
Didn't find this posted. What a great Twitter thread!

I had to look up that Devendorf one, didn't recall it. I don't see how it should be remotely close to being on there with so many far better ones. Even Hughes' doesn't belong even though it was extremely impressive.

Cipolla anyone?

Cipolla, Gmac (multiple times), Dave Johnson vs Gtown in the big east championship game (over Alonzo Mourning), TRob's epic bank 3 for comedic value vs Rutgers, but for my money nothing beats Conrad "McNasty" McRae doing his best Laettner impression vs. 'Nova in the old spectrum (essentially the exact same play). Completely unexpected as he was not a jump shooter, and the beautiful pass from our boy Mike Hopkins to boot!

Cipolla, Gmac (multiple times), Dave Johnson vs Gtown in the big east championship game (over Alonzo Mourning), TRob's epic bank 3 for comedic value vs Rutgers, but for my money nothing beats Conrad "McNasty" McRae doing his best Laettner impression vs. 'Nova in the old spectrum (essentially the exact same play). Completely unexpected as he was not a jump shooter, and the beautiful pass from our boy Mike Hopkins to boot!
Love this quote from article about the end of that game -
"Hopkins, bleeding from both knees and from a cut on his lip, sprinted toward the safe haven of the locker room."

Love this quote from article about the end of that game -
"Hopkins, bleeding from both knees and from a cut on his lip, sprinted toward the safe haven of the locker room."

Now that I am thinking about it, that play happened right after Kerry Kittles hit an apparent game winner, but they put some time back on the clock... just enough for a catch and shoot. Great Game, in a lost season. I just remember jimmy with the biggest smile hugging Hopkins before he bolted for the tunnel.

I always think you have to give the nod to "shot is in the air & we're either going to win or lose here". Sounds simple but not many buzzer beaters meet that. Battle in Clemson was an underrated one; though obv. not the highest stakes. Hard to argue with Ennis - that gym, our history there & the season we were having. Ya. Eat it Pitt.

Didn't find this posted. What a great Twitter thread!
1550083514242.png

I love the one that wasn't. Devo v. UCONN in 6 overtime game. Went from ecstasy to agony back to ecstacy. The jumping on the table and histrionics did it for me. Pearl was awesome, and the Hakim blocked shot at the end of the national championship game were two that were right up for me as well. Lots of great memories for sure. Pretty wonderful following Cuse for the last 45 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom