SU hasn’t been in ranked in 4 calendar years…. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU hasn’t been in ranked in 4 calendar years….

How else does one interpret thinking that the program will never recover once JB leaves? Obviously, they hate Syracuse.

Honestly, and with all due respect, the only thing that’s obvious is that you, and you alone, are the sole owner of such train of thought.

Perhaps, another may interpret that “never recover” sentiment differently. Such as, ever getting back to the stage where we were typically perennial conference favorites to be at/near the top of being regular season champions, winning conference tournaments, high rankings and lower single digit seeds in the Dance?

Is that possible aforementioned interpretation still deemed ‘hating’ in your mind? If it is, so be it…it’s simply your own thinking.

Honestly, and with all due respect, the only thing that’s obvious is that you, and you alone, are the sole owner of such train of thought.

Perhaps, another may interpret that “never recover” sentiment differently. Such as, ever getting back to the stage where we were typically perennial conference favorites to be at/near the top of being regular season champions, winning conference tournaments, high rankings and lower single digit seeds in the Dance?

Is that possible aforementioned interpretation still deemed ‘hating’ in your mind? If it is, so be it…it’s simply your own thinking.
interesting.

so one can analyze a situation and maybe come to a different conclusion on a topic and not hate something (or someone)?

that’s an interesting concept.

(oops...I messed up the above. Let me fix. “Obviously, they hate Syracuse”)

I feel bad for Buddy. How didn’t JB put together a complete team while his son was on the team.
Coach Boeheim has been running the program horribly when you see stats like this. Was the last ranked vs. ranked game at the Dome the Duke game with Ennis, Fair and Grant?
If Buddy stunk and wasn’t D-1 caliber, does JB go out in a blaze of glory with the shocking 2018 sweet 16 run? That would’ve been a great way to go out.

Syracuse needs to tell Jim Boeheim thank you for your service and send him on his way. Give Nate Oats the biggest blank check he could imagine and call it a day.

29675FA9-844E-4CB7-8B1E-CD024506BF4C.jpeg

Think about this.
JB will leave the program in considerably worse shape than the one he inherited from coach Roy D.
He's leaving the program 50 years later. It is a weird metric. I'm on the "Jim should go" train but to discount the little things he did in 50 years is bonkers.

I wish this year was about thanking Boeheim, warts and all, for what he's given to the university. The fact he's holding on to the car keys like a stubborn teenager is the issue.

He's leaving the program 50 years later. It is a weird metric. I'm on the "Jim should go" train but to discount the little things he did in 50 years is bonkers.

I wish this year was about thanking Boeheim, warts and all, for what he's given to the university. The fact he's holding on to the car keys like a stubborn teenager is the issue.

In terms of how it ended vs how it started over 50 yrs certainly is a unique animal. With that said I think the bigger concern is just how much work will there be for the new coach whoever that is and whenever that is. The longer you have the program in whatever phase we call this past decade the more work to build it back up there will be. That isn't exclusive to us either - sports, business or whatever this is just how it works. Only certain national brands are unbreakable. Syracuse basketball is not one of those.

In terms of how it ended vs how it started over 50 yrs certainly is a unique animal. With that said I think the bigger concern is just how much work will there be for the new coach whoever that is and whenever that is. The longer you have the program in whatever phase we call this past decade the more work to build it back up there will be. That isn't exclusive to us either - sports, business or whatever this is just how it works. Only certain national brands are unbreakable. Syracuse basketball is not one of those.
I don't worry too much about rebuilding in terms of how far (and long) we "fall" before a coaching change is made. It's really all about the next hire. It takes one class to radically change the fortunes of a college hoops team, given the insane amount of roster turnover these days. Bring in a few high-rated freshmen and a couple high-profile transfers and we're back in the game.

December 10th, 2018 was the last time we appeared in the AP top 25.

Prior to that we were last ranked on 11/28/2017.

So for those who didn’t major in math, that’s no rankings in 4 years, and 3 weeks of being ranked in the past 5 years.

This seems bad.
Really guys, I would expect that list to become much longer as long as he is JB is the HC, plain and simple and some people just don't want to admit it but I think they know deep down because nobody can be that stupid and see what is going on with their own eyes so I mean that's their prerogative but these are issues that' issues' directly affecting our success or lack thereof and he is unwilling to bend whatsoever so what the hell do you do in a situation like that if you are any athletic director working or our very own ad wildhack. it's pretty easy for me, but for some reason because of who he is you got it like you know pretty much I'm going to be PG here but kiss his feet.

To some on here, suggesting that we should regularly MAKE THE TOURNEY on a consistent basis is a sense of entitlement. In a way, its good. Our expectations should reflect where we are at as a program.

Fortunately, unlike the Debbie Downers on here who hate Syracuse, I believe in the school, the community, and all the good resources this program has. We will be back...just got to ride out this year and prob a couple more, I guess.

100%. We’ll be back if the school puts the resources in. Seeing what the university has allowed the program to become I’m doubtful that we’re truly committed, but if we commit, we’ll be Syracuse again.

That couldn’t shoot a lick. Talk about rock fights.

They would have one good shooting night (see: Duke) in like 5 games, any team that played tough man to man would get to them.

Depends on if the succession plan is external or internal.

You continue internally if you want to retain the players and recruiting. You go external for a larger candidate pool.
Well yeah I mean that could very well happen but if they do what they're supposed to do an act quickly and actually hire somebody that these guys would believe in and Boehiem isn't exactly a players coach so I mean they're not leaving because their best friend/ coach is leaving.
They should be preparing for this now you know just taking in information see who's leaving who may be available whatever but you just don't you know okay he left all right let's go that's there's no way that's going to happen. And I think the only guys that would leave is the guys that would like potentially not get the playing time that they did before because of boehiem's bizarre rotation and whatnot.
I think the closest he's got and of course I'm just you know presuming here but you know it's somewhat educated I would say of course MIT McNamara because you know he just did so many amazing things here and of course the guy but he screwed over so yeah they must have been great friends what's his name over at Washington Hopkins so he touches shows how much character JB really has but whatever I'm not going to say your in Badger and because that was a case I'd be here all day I be here all night LOL.
I mean we all know that these players are sitting in the locker room and probably listening while he's doing his press conference you know pretty much a no talking s*** about you know the players are definitely certain players that are in his doghouse or whatever and you don't do that and I never understand that about him he must be one narcissistic s to do some s*** like that Ray just like you know just pretty much on national TV calling this guy me a pretty much war on you know whatever you get the point and I I just hate it when he did that because obviously all the recruits watch these games so you just doing a dumb thing did you see the players can be like oh yeah I want to hear him call me and an idiot or more on or whatever come on man it's just that it's just another dumb thing that he does I mean I just don't know if he's that is smart as I thought it was or he's just losing it in his old age even though he's been doing this for a long time

I'll say one more thing just do you know pretty much put a capsule to speak on this conversation our dialogue because it really isn't anybody conversation at the moment but he in the 80s and I don't know the seventies I wasn't around then but I know the Manley field house had like a 50 game winning streak so but definitely in the 80s was his Peak because I mean he was he had great coaches around him like I mean it was amazing but she know no guys that like took over programs and became Hall of Famers obviously with you know and you know I can't remember the names of the others but he had a lot of very good assistants and maybe his buddy that I got accused of rape you know help them out of that I don't know but it seems like ever since that happened you just hires you know former players and that's pretty much it and you know who knows if they know or I go or are qualified to actually be company coach in the future I have no idea.

Also yes of course he had success but let's be honest I mean a lot of those wins he came and when he did do it was Jake five tell always said about him like he would just play cream Plus like 11 games a year says 11 wins each year you know that were pretty much guarantee that he played the Big E schedule and yeah we just now started to not do that because the NCAA made it harder or forced him that they had to play certain teams to get into the tournament but yeah in 2011 or you know whatever you're that was 2008 when we had all that success that's pretty much when the Zone I think was still fairly you know it was I was out I was by 8 years old we started playing it like full-time and he has like the exact represent p on how to play this Zone in the best way with lanes and all that but again I mean after 25 years I mean people start to pick up on things and you know these coaches ain't stupid so I mean you can't play a Zone if it's not working you simply make a change but no and he's so freaking hard headed he'll continue to play it like you know f*** you I'm smarter than everybody watch they won't score a hundred but they do and you'll just say f*** you again you just that's who he is so you know we're dealing with a freaking nut case in my opinion probably like the biggest narcissistic man on this planet and of course he's a Syracuse coach you know this town pretty much like you know deserves having pretty much in a way you know pretty much shows what Syracuse is a s*** hole LOL I got to laugh because I really don't know what else to do LOL I'm going to have to go back and correct some of the language because of the pansy PC culture that we live in our days you can't say a damn thing without somebody getting mad that's hypocritical hypocritical nonsense as well but not going to get political on a basketball site but again this is my opinion and obviously some of them are strong opinions so to speak and we look that's kind of what he can do to some people when you just see some of the things he does and what not so obviously I don't like the guy in case y'all didn't know LOL PS: this is for the handful of guys that want to just bring up some lame rhetoric for a answer or whatever you would call it talking about my punctuation or lack thereof and you know what I'm not here to worry about my punctuation I'm here to talk about SU football I can give his guy could care less and I use the microphone you want to complain at somebody call Apple or call us Samsung and give them hell because that's that's the reason song If you're still using that lame thing because you have nothing else to say then go ahead and do it because just going to make yourself look pretty simple-minded and obviously like once again but I'm going to stop there because I don't want to get too personal. thank you

Last edited:
I'll say one more thing just do you know pretty much put a capsule to speak on this conversation our dialogue because it really isn't anybody conversation at the moment but he in the 80s and I don't know the seventies I wasn't around then but I know the Manley field house had like a 50 game winning streak so but definitely in the 80s was his Peak because I mean he was he had great coaches around him like I mean it was amazing but she know no guys that like took over programs and became Hall of Famers obviously with you know and you know I can't remember the names of the others but he had a lot of very good assistants and maybe his buddy that I got accused of rape you know help them out of that I don't know but it seems like ever since that happened you just hires you know former players and that's pretty much it and you know who knows if they know or I go or are qualified to actually be company coach in the future I have no idea.

Also yes of course he had success but let's be honest I mean a lot of those wins he came and when he did do it was Jake five tell always said about him like he would just play cream Plus like 11 games a year says 11 wins each year you know that were pretty much guarantee that he played the Big E schedule and yeah we just now started to not do that because the NCAA made it harder or forced him that they had to play certain teams to get into the tournament but yeah in 2011 or you know whatever you're that was 2008 when we had all that success that's pretty much when the Zone I think was still fairly you know it was I was out I was by 8 years old we started playing it like full-time and he has like the exact represent p on how to play this Zone in the best way with lanes and all that but again I mean after 25 years I mean people start to pick up on things and you know these coaches ain't stupid so I mean you can't play a Zone if it's not working you simply make a change but no and he's so freaking hard headed he'll continue to play it like you know f*** you I'm smarter than everybody watch they won't score a hundred but they do and you'll just say f*** you again you just that's who he is so you know we're dealing with a freaking nut case in my opinion probably like the biggest narcissistic man on this planet and of course he's a Syracuse coach you know this town pretty much like you know deserves having pretty much in a way you know pretty much shows what Syracuse is a s*** hole LOL I got to laugh because I really don't know what else to do LOL I'm going to have to go back and correct some of the language because of the pansy PC culture that we live in our days you can't say a damn thing without somebody getting mad that's hypocritical hypocritical nonsense as well but not going to get political on a basketball site but again this is my opinion and obviously some of them are strong opinions so to speak and we look that's kind of what he can do to some people when you just see some of the things he does and what not so obviously I don't like the guy in case y'all didn't know LOL PS: this is for the handful of guys that want to just bring up some lame rhetoric for a answer or whatever you would call it talking about my punctuation or lack thereof and you know what I'm not here to worry about my punctuation I'm here to talk about SU football I can give his guy could care less and I use the microphone you want to complain at somebody call Apple or call us Samsung and give them hell because that's that's the reason song If you're still using that lame thing because you have nothing else to say then go ahead and do it because just going to make yourself look pretty simple-minded and obviously like once again but I'm going to stop there because I don't want to get too personal. thank you
That’s a lot of words. You care way more than I do.

"I wish this year was about thanking Boeheim, warts and all, for what he's given to the university. The fact he's holding on to the car keys like a stubborn teenager is the issue."

more like taking the keys away from grandpa who's decline in eyesight and reaction time makes him a danger not just to himself but to others. he is the oldest NCAA college basketball coach in history !
and frankly JB at the wheel is now putting this program in danger.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom