SU is 100th in the country in yard differential | Syracusefan.com

SU is 100th in the country in yard differential

Millhouse

Living Legend
no one in the big east is worse

yards schmards i know i know

So what is your solution for this year and next?
fire hip hop hackett. start hunt. hire some people who know modern college football (improved recruiting would be a bonus 3 seasons out but that's not what you asked)

fire hip hop hackett. start hunt. hire some people who know modern college football (improved recruiting would be a bonus 3 seasons out but that's not what you asked)
Fair enough, we'll see what happens in the offseason. And hopefully JO's comment about the kids we are involved with for next year's class will pan out.

I assume we're getting to a bowl game this year, which is 2 years in a row. Which means that anyone that still wants to bring up the GRob era will probably never get past the GRob era.
Next year if Marrone thinks the younger guys have more talent than some of the older guys, then it's time to let them learn on the fly. I'd rather see player with more potential/less practice reps, than more practice reps/less talent.

I assume we're getting to a bowl game this year, which is 2 years in a row. Which means that anyone that still wants to bring up the GRob era will probably never get past the GRob era.
Next year if Marrone thinks the younger guys have more talent than some of the older guys, then it's time to let them learn on the fly. I'd rather see player with more potential/less practice reps, than more practice reps/less talent.

I still don't get the plan on O. If our plan is the something different, shouldn't we be running that O? Why teach all these young kids one system if they will be playing something different by the time they reach the field? Especially the OL. It makes little sense. Even if the plan is the Option or Spread Option, you can still use that system with Nassib and Kinder/Hunt. You cannot convince me that we couldn't get 6 Ws against this crap schedule by doing that. Heck Florida used Leak most of the time and when they went option brought in Tebow. I know that Nassib and Kinder/Hunt are not Leak and Tebow. However the teams we play are nowhere near SEC caliber, so it all evens out.

I still don't get the plan on O. If our plan is the something different, shouldn't we be running that O? Why teach all these young kids one system if they will be playing something different by the time they reach the field? Especially the OL. It makes little sense. Even if the plan is the Option or Spread Option, you can still use that system with Nassib and Kinder/Hunt. You cannot convince me that we couldn't get 6 Ws against this crap schedule by doing that. Heck Florida used Leak most of the time and when they went option brought in Tebow. I know that Nassib and Kinder/Hunt are not Leak and Tebow. However the teams we play are nowhere near SEC caliber, so it all evens out.

Looking at Broyld, Kinder, and Hunt. They can all run, so we have that but if you are asking a college qb to throw all those short passes time after time then it. We just need a duel threat guy that can make a difference with his feet, then I think people will be amzed how much better the O line looks and the WR... You can't teach accuracy, hopefully one of these 3 guys can throw the ball someaht accuractly down the field, my money is on Hunt, I think Broyld changes positions at some point

6-2 if we had Chandler for the Rutgers game.

I have an idea, run something similar to what we did in the bowl game. Actually, we kind of are. It just doesn't look like it when passes are dropped (beginning of the year) or aren't completed.

and yet SU is 5-3

Here we go again.

Yes, thank God we have a crappy offense. If the offense was better we might have a worse record, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom