Kyle McCord; The King in the North!!! | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Kyle McCord; The King in the North!!!

I'm really impressed with the way McCord showed up on campus and immediately became a leader. We could see that with the All-Access ACC series in so many ways, and then it showed up immediately in game 1 and has continued each week.

He truly is a coach on the field. He worked extra with the receivers in the Spring and Fall camp, and from the get-go he has been throwing and connecting on back-shoulder throws with multiple guys, throwing receivers open, and connecting on deep balls. If defenses take away the run McCord is not shy at all about throwing the ball downfield and he does it with accuracy. When he makes a mistake, which is rare, he shakes it off and moves on the next play or the next possession. The occasional miscommunication with receivers makes sense considering how little time these guys have spent together.

In short McCord choosing SU football has been a blessing for this program, and I hope it is a blessing for him as well. I hope he can continue to take what the defense gives, continue to improve communication with the receivers, and learn how to slide. Showing that he can slide does add value for the team but also for his prospects at the next level and it might help to keep him healthy. Would love to see him play the entire season.

Go Cuse!!

Last edited:
If McCord holds pace for 12 games he’ll throw for 4,354. Single season, Nassib holds the record with 3,749. He holds that spot by almost 900 yards.

If you would’ve told me that Kyle’s the player he’s showing to be in April, I wouldn’t have believed you.

He was off tonight. Threw a handful of balls behind the target, wasn’t as crisp… and… was still pretty excellent.

I’m going to enjoy watching this offense this season.

10 swing passes for 1 yd.
Swing passes? I thought those were tackling drills we were running for UNLV. (The OC got Vegas fever. Kept splitting 10’s, sure he was going to get 2 aces, because he saw that work, once.)

Last edited:
He was off tonight. Threw a handful of balls behind the target, wasn’t as crisp… and… was still pretty excellent.
If Scottie Sheffield or Tiger Woods hit 63 shots, at least 5 or 6 of them would not go exactly where they wanted, and they are stationary and aren’t facing 11 guys trying to defend/intercept the pass.
No QB is going to be 100% on target, especially with that many attempts.

If Scottie Sheffield or Tiger Woods hit 63 shots, at least 5 or 6 of them would not go exactly where they wanted, and they are stationary and aren’t facing 11 guys trying to defend/intercept the pass.
No QB is going to be 100% on target, especially with that many attempts.
Yeah, I’m not disagreeing. I’m trying to make the point that he plays extremely well.

He’s a very good QB and is the straw that stirs our offensive drink.

24th all time in passing yards (1,814) (527 behind Donnie Mac for 10th most in a single season)
20th all time in completions (154)
t13th all time in passing touchdowns (17) -- also 10th all time single season

see ya next week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors