SU just shook me down for more money | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU just shook me down for more money

I personally treat SU as family and not some cold business that is failing at billing processing.
It is kind of like family to have misunderstandings about money, I guess.

It's too bad the family sentiment didn't go both ways though. SU could have easily said it was their mistake, but we're family here, so we'll correct it next year up front.

Someone from the AD’s office just pinged me. “What’s with that Alsacs dude???”

;)
I have a good friend who works in the AD.
I will tell him this practice can’t happen in the future. I get it’s only 30 bucks but I get the idea of principle.

I will tell him this practice can’t happen in the future. I get it’s only 30 bucks but I get the idea of principle.

You GO, man.

Give ‘em hell.

Mistakes happen. Are they cheating him? No. He actually (as described) got a discount last year. I guess I'm a little more forgiving of a mistake. I personally treat SU as family and not some cold business that is failing at billing processing.

Seriously some of you need to reassess things if this rates as a huge issue.

But they are a multi-million dollar business, Mark, that's kind of the point.
If they were a little better at their jobs, maybe they would be having more success getting projects funded. Maybe we wouldn't misspell the names of players we "honor" at events. Little things matter.

Stupid decision by the AD.
I feel for you.
Hope somebody from the AD reads this and PMs you.
Does the AD set parking lot rates or is it the Administration? :confused:

They bungled this, but said bungling saved you money last year apparently. So not sure I’d be all that upset about it seeing as you benefited previously.

Or we all could savage the AD over it. That another way to approach it. ;)

As you can see, I don't post or comment here often. I am a frequent reader and enjoy the conversations. opinions and insights.

I have been a lifelong fan of SU Athletics and long time season ticket holder for Football & Basketball.. Today, SU & the Dome have shaken my support.

Earlier today, I received a phone call from the ticket office regarding my parking pass for the football season...the tickets and pass have been paid for months ago... They decided they want more money from me. They said the parking lot I am in has a NEW minimum "donation" required of $300 (the parking pass is $200) and I need to pay it. They said the "good news" is that since I pay a donation already for my seats, that money will be applied to the parking lot donation as part of the minimum required. I only owe another $30. (So, the parking lot minimum donation is HIGHER then the tickets donation??? How does THAT make sense)

I pointed out that I paid my bill in full months ago and asked why this new fee was not included, like my ticket donation is. He said they couldn't include it because 1) it's a different kind of donation & 2) people pay different donation amounts and some pay more donation then they are required, so they need to see what I did. I pointed out that they KNEW what my tickets, parking pass, ticket donation and parking lot donation minimum all add up to. That should be what is shown on the total bill... I feel this maneuver by SU is illegal, frankly

Some will say, what's the big deal it's only $30. It's not the money, it's the principle.

HEY SU! Instead of screwing over the people that actually go to the games), why not do things to make more people WANT to go to the games!
SU is gonna SU. It's in it's nature.
You should have asked for all of your money back, and turned in your tickets.

As someone who works in sports, I can tell you there's nothing we enjoy more than someone complaining about something we have literally nothing to do with.

As someone who works in sports, I can tell you there's nothing we enjoy more than someone complaining about something we have literally nothing to do with.
Maybe if you don’t know the person calling and complaining.
I am talking to a good friend and there is something he can do.
They want feedback to improve.
I am not calling a phone center.

Maybe if you don’t know the person calling and complaining.
I am talking to a good friend and there is something he can do.
They want feedback to improve.
I am not calling a phone center.
That's exactly what I'm saying. I welcome feedback. But if my best friend calls and tells me someone is upset about a clerical error there's not much I can do but get annoyed.

Well, the SU powers that be apparently need all the help they can get in order to get out a non Mickey Mouse "structural" drawing of the Dome Renovation that was released last month. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom