SU leading 5-2 at half, should be more, Army goalie 11 saves | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU leading 5-2 at half, should be more, Army goalie 11 saves

Jenkins is playing as much as he did last year. Spot duty at D middie. Same with Pratt. And they aren't running those guys out there together.

Pratt is fine, he actually looks fairly good out there. Jenkins not only doesnt look the part but seems lost out there. Doesnt look like an SU lax player to be honest, nothing against the kid personally but I cant see him making the field in any of SU's glory years. I look for Grimm to be the next good short stick D guy.

Pratt is fine, he actually looks fairly good out there. Jenkins not only doesnt look the part but seems lost out there. Doesnt look like an SU lax player to be honest, nothing against the kid personally but I cant see him making the field in any of SU's glory years. I look for Grimm to be the next good short stick D guy.

Pratt was the guy that was lost yesterday.

Need to change the plane. Way too much low-to-low and high-to-high. That noted, the Army kid was great (what else is new; he was so mediocore in the first three that Joe employed a rotation). I told my wife the score when she came home from work and she said "not another one of those," but imo it really wasn't. There were plenty of chances due to motion and good ball movement. That noted, this team is very limited offensively. Shut off Maltz and put a good pole on JoJo with a quick slider added and this team will have trouble scoring. That's just the view two games in. Hope it changes. I watched Cornell-Hobart as I was writing up my story for Inside Lacrosse, and it looked as if the Big Red had at least four offensive players more ccomplished than's SU best. That's Pannell PLUS three. Yikes.
Thanks, Dave. That is my biggest concern. There is no one to score if Maltz is blanketed. Donahue has shown some flashes, and that's encouraging. But he's still just a freshman. Hard to depend on him, but he should probably get some run to see what he can do. You never know...

After last year's debacle (for SU standards) I was hoping for a strong bounce-back season (we've seen this before), perhaps even competing for a national championship. But after reading some of these posts (I know its early) it looks like same old same old (perhaps worse at some positions). Its very frustrating to see some of the same mediocre players from last year continue to get big minutes this year.

After last year's debacle (for SU standards) I was hoping for a strong bounce-back season (we've seen this before), perhaps even competing for a national championship. But after reading some of these posts (I know its early) it looks like same old same old (perhaps worse at some positions). Its very frustrating to see some of the same mediocre players from last year continue to get big minutes this year.

Recruiting misses are really hurtign this team, both kids who went elsewhere and those who came in here as highschool all americans who have really struggled or not lived up to the hype. Unfortunately theres not to many ways Desko can turn. He brought in Daniello and Galasso to shake things up and both are done for the year with Daniello maybe done forever. Next year we will have the new blood to finally turn elsewhere when players arent meeting expectations but right now we are what we are.

Recruiting misses are really hurtign this team, both kids who went elsewhere and those who came in here as highschool all americans who have really struggled or not lived up to the hype. Unfortunately theres not to many ways Desko can turn. He brought in Daniello and Galasso to shake things up and both are done for the year with Daniello maybe done forever. Next year we will have the new blood to finally turn elsewhere when players arent meeting expectations but right now we are what we are.

High school AAs who haven't lived up to the hype? Hmmmm. Sounds familiar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom