SU men No. 12/13 in preseason polls, women ranked No. 1 | Syracusefan.com

SU men No. 12/13 in preseason polls, women ranked No. 1

great spot for them sure the fans will put pressure on them because spoiled by there success but the players will relish it and shock the nation..

Being ranked below Cornell and Colgate in CNY should surely fire them up. I remember back in 2008 when they were ranked No. 11 preseason Mike Leveille rallied the troops and they won the championship. Is there a Leveille on this team? That is the million-dollar question, imo.

Being ranked below Cornell and Colgate in CNY should surely fire them up. I remember back in 2008 when they were ranked No. 11 preseason Mike Leveille rallied the troops and they won the championship. Is there a Leveille on this team? That is the million-dollar question, imo.

Hey Dave great to see you on these board your opinion is valued here big time. I dont want to cause a panic but heard Galasso maybe hurt worse then expected, even heard the dredded "possibly season ending", can you comment?

Hey Dave great to see you on these board your opinion is valued here big time. I dont want to cause a panic but heard Galasso maybe hurt worse then expected, even heard the dredded "possibly season ending", can you comment?
Just reported that it is season ending. There goes the hoped-for offensive spark...

Looks like he might be one of those injury prone athletes. We've had number of them in football. I wouldn't count on seeing him much in a Syracuse uniform.

Just reported that it is season ending. There goes the hoped-for offensive spark...

Well better to happen now then mid season, at least we can game plan around not having Nicky. What sucks is that both transfers (Daniello) are now both out for the year. I will say this, the 2014 team is going to be absolutely loaded.

They'll need offense even moreso next year. Defense and goaltending will have to carry them this year.

They'll need offense even moreso next year. Defense and goaltending will have to carry them this year.

Theres still plenty of O talent there, Maltz, Dejoe, Walters, Schoonmaker, Lecky, Pratt, Grimm, Rice, Powderly(I am high on this kid), etc. Galasso is a huge loss but I am not sure how much impact Daniello would have made anyway. The offense in 2014 will be scary good Evans, both Maltz's, Galasso, Daniello, maybe even Randy Staats.

Also dont forget about Cometti, Dejohn, Donahue, the new Desko, Billy Ward etc. None of these guys are Galasso so obviously I am less then thrilled he is out for the year but its not like we lost Ryan Nassib in Fall practice here, there is a ton of talent still there. Morasco really needs to have a 22 type of season.

It's a big loss, as offense has been a major problem over the last few seasons, and not all of it is due to foes' stall tactics, imo. Like you said, there is some talent there, but the biggest change in the game imo has been the emergence of 6-4, 220-pound long poles who are very athletic. It is awfully hard to score. How about this for a revolutionary idea in light of that development: take away the poles and make everyone use shorties. I know. Heresy. Seriously, though, the defenders have caught up.

Like the idea of having Marasco working from behind the net.

Big loss with Galasso, but it would have taken time for him to get in the flow... Having him for two years where he gets fall ball can't be too bad. I too like the kids in the system. Let's play them and see where it goes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom