SU needs to rout RI today... | Syracusefan.com

SU needs to rout RI today...

AgentOrange

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
for three reasons:

1) The sooner the starters can be pulled, the better for injury avoidance. You never want to see them in any game, but injuries against inferior opponents especially sting - moreso when they occur late when the game should have already been wrapped up.

2) Backups could get some meaningful experience, and the staff can evaluate them under real game conditions. Due to the significant lack of depth in certain positions, the younger players and the coaching staff would definitely benefit from early and extended PT for non-starters.

3) A blowout is expected by the team, and anything less could diminsh the confidence of this young squad (especially after last week's shaky performance). Leading up to its toughest challenge of the season at USC, one in which SU will definitely have the deck stacked against it, the team needs to go into the game truly believing that it can beat USC, or they won't stand a chance. A close game against RI doesn't help the cause in this area.

I particularly hope the offense rolls early. I'm still not sure it's taken that next step we were hoping for. If it hasn't this may be a long season.

I particularly hope the offense rolls early. I'm still not sure it's taken that next step we were hoping for. If it hasn't this may be a long season.

Yep, I worry about that myself. And for some reason, I am really worried about today. I hope the route is on at the half.

I think we need the practice more vs the risk of injury. I'm all for having people play today as much as we can. This is basically still pre season. Just excited to see the young guys play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom